Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) | Page 27 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I am a huge fan of Del but this video was simply odd

He could have ripped all the old board out completely and simply put a temp garage board up with with one rcbo in it for a couple sockets nailed to a board for the customer to use

I could understand what Del did if he had the old RCd socket in the van and didn't want to waste the customers money having to pay him to go get one.
But as Del had to go the shops to buy one , It would have made sense to buy a cheap garage board from screwfix and put that in straight off the meter and totally making the old board and wiring redundent.
Then Del or even the customer could rip out the old board and start pulling out the old disconnected wiring

I could understand what Del did if he had the old RCd socket in the van and didn't want to waste the customers money having to pay him to go get one.
But as Del had to go the shops to buy one , It would have made sense to buy a cheap garage board from screwfix and put that in straight off the meter and totally making the old board and wiring redundent.
Then Del or even the customer could rip out the old board and start pulling out the old disconnected wiring
Or even a rcd isolator, would have been better than leaving non rcd sockets.

49years experience behind him that aint no dogs watch
Just been watching Delroy connect some tails into a main switch surface mounted with single insulated with MECH protective sheath , left about 1 inch of single insulation showing, rather than ending the string on both sets of insulation and mech protection at the same point, beautiful, cool; see you next time come on DELROY get a grip Mate

Beautiful...

Just watched this video. Remind me how much this guy is charging again?

Despite being told all the old wiring is going to be ripped out, he left it connected to the consumer unit. Also, both the sockets should have been RCD protected, especially bearing in mind the amount of heavy work that is going to be done while refurbing the place.

Despite being told all the old wiring is going to be ripped out, he left it connected to the consumer unit. Also, both the sockets should have been RCD protected, especially bearing in mind the amount of heavy work that is going to be done while refurbing the place.
£100 per hour + vat

I think in this instance as much as a like Del , he went about this job all wrong

He could have spend a few hours there , fitted a temp consumer unit with rcd protection , wacked a coupel doubles on the a bit of wood for customer to use and ripped out the old board and some of the easy to get to wiring for the client

All this easily be done in half a day

£100 per hour + vat

I think in this instance as much as a like Del , he went about this job all wrong

He could have spend a few hours there , fitted a temp consumer unit with rcd protection , wacked a coupel doubles on the a bit of wood for customer to use and ripped out the old board and some of the easy to get to wiring for the client

All this easily be done in half a day

Certainly not the work of a professional electrician. This was supposed to be left safe for building work. What happens when the guy's wife (for example only, not being sexist) plugs a dodgy extension cable into the non RCD socket.

What do you mean? He clearly told the customer which socket to use for power tools!!😆

Indeed. I just don't understand how he thought it was acceptable to leave non RCD protected sockets in this situation.
In all honestly , I suspect Del was just trying to save the customer a couple quid by not changing the old socket , but at £100.00 per hour he could have changed both and still made a tidy profit on the job

Beginning to think this could all be a ploy by Delroy to increase the number of views on his youtube channel to make even more money. For all we know he could be doing the work perfectly after the video has been made and edited for youtube but doing the job perfectly on a video probably wouldn't generate the number of views he is getting and give him the infamy this thread has bestowed on him

The job was about as complicated as questions posed to a 1st year college class and I'd question the cost saving when a 4 way DB with RCD would have only been a few pounds more expensive that an RCD socket.

It's not a great day when a customer's simple request is better thought out than the solution offered by a professional. It certainly wasn't the worst work anyone has ever seen, but forthe sake of a few extra ££ it could have been compliant with regulations.

Beginning to think this could all be a ploy by Delroy to increase the number of views on his youtube channel to make even more money. For all we know he could be doing the work perfectly after the video has been made and edited for youtube but doing the job perfectly on a video probably wouldn't generate the number of views he is getting and give him the infamy this thread has bestowed on him
NO WAY, NO WAY DEL WOULD DO THAT, I CAN'T SEE IT...

The job was about as complicated as questions posed to a 1st year college class and I'd question the cost saving when a 4 way DB with RCD would have only been a few pounds more expensive that an RCD socket.

It's not a great day when a customer's simple request is better thought out than the solution offered by a professional. It certainly wasn't the worst work anyone has ever seen, but forthe sake of a few extra ££ it could have been compliant with regulations.

Ahh, but he would have had to either risk death (which in his case would be very risky) or remove the Main fuse.
And he's obviously not going to do that, being a proper sparks.

Ahh, but he would have had to either risk death (which in his case would be very risky) or remove the Main fuse.
And he's obviously not going to do that, being a proper sparks.

He could still have disconnected the customer's final circuits from the consumer unit though eh.

Reply to Good Old Delroy, he gets all the best Jobs :) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net