Currently reading:
Has the world gone crazy, tool prices

Discuss Has the world gone crazy, tool prices in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
So, a bit of insomnia kicked in tonight after a hectic few days and I found myself scrolling and saw this sparks doing a bit of a tool price vid.
He paid over £400 for a wera torque screwdrive, 4 small vde joker spanners and 1 standard joker.
400 QUID
worlds gone mad when a screwdriver and a handful of spanners affords over 400 QUiD

So, a bit of insomnia kicked in tonight after a hectic few days and I found myself scrolling and saw this sparks doing a bit of a tool price vid.
He paid over £400 for a wera torque screwdrive, 4 small vde joker spanners and 1 standard joker.
400 QUID
worlds gone mad when a screwdriver and a handful of spanners affords over 400 QUiD
wera torque screwdrive

You just added £100 or more there.

I saw that video. The price did seem high but the torque scredriver set is always going to be an expensive item. The jokers are nice, but a bit over-priced IMHO.
They become VERY expensive if you lose them or have them stolen!
THe question is always "Do I need, or want?"
I buy stuff I want, but don't necessarily need, but I have a price limit. If I need it, I buy it anyway.

I saw that video. The price did seem high but the torque scredriver set is always going to be an expensive item. The jokers are nice, but a bit over-priced IMHO.
They become VERY expensive if you lose them or have them stolen!
THe question is always "Do I need, or want?"
I buy stuff I want, but don't necessarily need, but I have a price limit. If I need it, I buy it anyway.
I find I need the torque screwdrivers one day every year, on assessment day.

Completely unnecessary but I guess it's his money so he can spend it how he likes. Could have bought high quality well made alternatives at a quarter of the price but maybe not enough wow factor for his liking.

I'm also guilty of paying over the odds for the most popular 3 or 4 screwdrivers and side cutters that I use multiple times every single day. I have my favourite make and model for these, I like the laser etched tips that don't slip or cam out, the handles are the best fit in my hands and they're perfectly hardened so they don't wear or distort but don't crack either and I'll happily pay the extra when it comes time to replace them.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Has the world gone crazy, tool prices in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock