Have the rules for ring mains changed over the years? | Page 8 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Have the rules for ring mains changed over the years? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Those UK electricians with OCD would love the French staggered RCD and MCB's connected together with a staggered busbar, it is very neat, even vertical bus bars to connect RCD's above each other in different rows.

The only thing I can think that could be a compromise on UK plugs, if using a mobile appliance when you reach to limit of the cord It puts a strain on the connection, plug and socket, in the French flat plug it just pulls out of the socket and stops the machine working, would seem a bit safer.

Last edited:

Reply to Have the rules for ring mains changed over the years? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

If it's going to be an emergency stop and not just a stop, then other factors come into play depending on what sort of machines the emergency stop...
Replies
Views
It is possible that the particular socket you normally use in the kitchen is worn, or there's a wiring issue behind, contributing to the heating...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you for the speedy response! Have seen them on top of plaster in steel conduit before but guess it's not a common desire to have wires...
Replies
Views
No to all. Also would require a means of isolation for PIV - pulling a fuse wouldn't be acceptable. I don't mean to seem disrespectful, but this...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N
hI Gent's. I I can explain this spur line briefly, maybe someone can help me? Everything is Spur, no rings. Inside of the house and main fuse...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back