Health and safety fools ! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Health and safety fools ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
On a site re-wire secondary school 10 sparks and 2 ceiling guys , health and safety guy comes along ...... No radios aloud incase fire alarm goes off ! ......... Wtf!!!! It's a radio in the event of fire alarm going off I will assume its a false alarm as per f..kng usual and continue working ( witch is 10hr days 7 days a week I mite add ) them hours no radio I'm likely to start the fire in boardem or cos the voices in my head toll'd me to cos I've got sod all else to listen to !

On a site re-wire secondary school 10 sparks and 2 ceiling guys , health and safety guy comes along ...... No radios aloud incase fire alarm goes off ! ......... Wtf!!!! It's a radio in the event of fire alarm going off I will assume its a false alarm as per f..kng usual and continue working ( witch is 10hr days 7 days a week I mite add ) them hours no radio I'm likely to start the fire in boardem or cos the voices in my head toll'd me to cos I've got sod all else to listen to !

This post has cheered up my night, im half way through a 17hr shift and feel like starting a fire just to get out of work.

I can see site radios becoming a thing of the past because banning them is something the H&S jobsworth can say he's implemented, like making everyone wear hard hats and hi viz everywhere at all times.

H&S Policy

• No drugs, alcohol or smoking on site
  • PPE including hard hat, hi viz, steel toecaps, safety glasses and ear protection to be worn at all times on site
  • No skylarking around, including anything which looks fun at all
  • No radios
  • No farting
  • Permits to breathe are to be obtained from the H&S officer

It's only going to get worse as they come up with more to try to outdo each other. Give it a couple of years and we'll be trying to strip cables with butter knives. Butter knives made of plastic.

What I usually find is the ones that can't work without a radio usually have the noisiest tools which drown it out.
Either that or they listen to the kind of crap my daughter likes but have their tinny little radios hooked up to 14kw PA systems which makes me want to kill them because they don't know anything about music.
Music is about melody and harmony and lyrics, not just repeating the same banal phrase over and over on top of a repetitive bass and drum line which was sampled from a song recorded by a proper musician 20 years ago.

H&S where I am is obviously nothing like it is in the UK. I managed to have my first run-in with them on a large site last year. I arrived on site after stopping for a lunchtime swim. I was wearing flip flops and boardshorts, I had a borrowed hard hat but no reflective vest, it took them less than half an hour to request I left site:(

New school wire beginning of the year and we was told "No ladders are allowed on site at all under any circumstance, because they are dangerous."

Fine, the sus ceiling we are doing is too high for a step up and too low for a platform? Give me a magic carpet and the job will get done.

The foreman turned his back whilst we got the lights and fire alarm in. I agree that H&S has its place but not when we can all see that it is safe to work. Some people need to take a reality pill.

Sandals are generally okay if they have a fully enclosed toe section, apparently flip flops are on the wrong side of the line. I've got some real eye-opening photos of some of the things that go on at the sites I've worked on. If I remember tomorrow I'll grab a few off my work computer and post them up.

Reality head but . It's really getting to me I think you guys are all right ! There needs to be a stand for common sense , it's ok for these h&s guys coming to site for 30min max wearing the brightest high vis! the highest riggers ! ( with walking socks over trousers of course ) gloves on ! Glasses ! And ear defenders incase some one raises there voice just to look around picking on me listening to radio 2 , coming to site walking around ( not lifting a solitary tool ) the most risky thing he did was signing in + the coward saw me with radio walked away got the boss to come tel me whilst he was behind him , waiting to give his pathetic excuse that it's incase we can't hear the fire alarm

Reply to Health and safety fools ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back