Health and safety fools ! | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Health and safety fools ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
On a site re-wire secondary school 10 sparks and 2 ceiling guys , health and safety guy comes along ...... No radios aloud incase fire alarm goes off ! ......... Wtf!!!! It's a radio in the event of fire alarm going off I will assume its a false alarm as per f..kng usual and continue working ( witch is 10hr days 7 days a week I mite add ) them hours no radio I'm likely to start the fire in boardem or cos the voices in my head toll'd me to cos I've got sod all else to listen to !

sorry to be a pain but how do you post a new thread? i'm new to this. Cheers

Click on the appropriate sub-forum on this page then hit the post new thread button at the top of the page [ElectriciansForums.net] Health and safety fools !.

Type away and when you're finished hit the submit new thread button at the bottom [ElectriciansForums.net] Health and safety fools !

I was working in a factory where there were loads of production welding booths used 24 hours a day. We (maintenance) had to weld a bracket inside one of them for a new extraction hood, H&S bod decided we needed a hot work permit to weld in there wtf!
Waited 'til he went home then did the welding as there was no one from H&S to issue a permit :D

Cheers mate, I'm feeling the love (Obviously not in a gay way) (not that I have anything against gay people, one of my relatives is) (Just thought I'd best get that second bit in before I was accused of being a horrible person) :)

New school wire beginning of the year and we was told "No ladders are allowed on site at all under any circumstance, because they are dangerous."

Fine, the sus ceiling we are doing is too high for a step up and too low for a platform? Give me a magic carpet and the job will get done.

The foreman turned his back whilst we got the lights and fire alarm in. I agree that H&S has its place but not when we can all see that it is safe to work. Some people need to take a reality pill.

No step ladders is one I come across all to often. Really can't see how a podium that you're locked into that gets you about 1m only off the floor witch is 100% of the time either to high or to low totally inhibiting you're job making it as uncomfortable as possible and lugging the mini cage around clattering every bit of freshly plastered wall in site . So who are these anti progress guy's ? I dream of the day were we can do a days work sensibly as I've done for over 10yrs so far and there is a long line of paranoid brand new high vis's with riggers in the job centre with absolutely no prospect of re employment as they have nothing going for them other than a huge desire to be as petty as humanly possible

New school wire beginning of the year and we was told "No ladders are allowed on site at all under any circumstance, because they are dangerous."

The new lady on the block is taking on another 300. it appears that too many site operatives are falling over.... no doubt, its due to inner ear problems - lol

There's more good news to come

there is a long line of paranoid brand new high vis's with riggers in the job centre with absolutely no prospect of re employment as they have nothing going for them other than a huge desire to be as petty as humanly possible

Unfortunately mate the NEBOSH qual is the passport to the promised land so we're stuck with the useless buggers.

Last year on the Olympic site we had 2 guys yellow carded by H&S for not wearing full 5 point PPE. They were in a toilet block which was in a PPE zone. Aparantlry because the door to the toilet didnt have a green PPE free sign on the door it wasn't a PPE free zone. Try doing a number 2 with hard hat, safety glasses and all the rest. Not good trying to wash your hands with gloves on :)

(Just thought I'd best get that second bit in before I was accused of being a horrible person) :)

To late Trev, we all know that you are a horrible for the past 2 years lol.

PS will you please change your kids cloths, it must be really embarrassing for him walking into kinder garden in a bloody santa suit.

lots of respect for you Trev, only having a laugh. I'm back.

No step ladders is one I come across all to often. Really can't see how a podium that you're locked into that gets you about 1m only off the floor witch is 100% of the time either to high or to low totally inhibiting you're job making it as uncomfortable as possible and lugging the mini cage around clattering every bit of freshly plastered wall in site . So who are these anti progress guy's ? I dream of the day were we can do a days work sensibly as I've done for over 10yrs so far and there is a long line of paranoid brand new high vis's with riggers in the job centre with absolutely no prospect of re employment as they have nothing going for them other than a huge desire to be as petty as humanly possible

podiums have there place, wheels unlocked on a run down corridor with a long leghth of conduit in handing to pull cables in on basket/tray.

had a little issue on a job before about steps, they said no step. how the **** am i supposed to get 2m above ceiling grid to connect with a podium or scaffold, they lost there rag when i offered to remove it for them:banghead:

they write an instruction to put celing up. they were still putting in pipe,ductin etc in. no one knew the celing heights

Reply to Health and safety fools ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back