Health and safety fools ! | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Health and safety fools ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
On a site re-wire secondary school 10 sparks and 2 ceiling guys , health and safety guy comes along ...... No radios aloud incase fire alarm goes off ! ......... Wtf!!!! It's a radio in the event of fire alarm going off I will assume its a false alarm as per f..kng usual and continue working ( witch is 10hr days 7 days a week I mite add ) them hours no radio I'm likely to start the fire in boardem or cos the voices in my head toll'd me to cos I've got sod all else to listen to !

One had me for having the wrong access equipment for changing some tubes the other day....

Since when has a wheeled office chair not been safe to stand on....unbelievable...I'd issued my own certificate for them and everything...bloody Gestapo...

*tongue in cheek*

To late Trev, we all know that you are a horrible for the past 2 years lol.

PS will you please change your kids cloths, it must be really embarrassing for him walking into kinder garden in a bloody santa suit.

lots of respect for you Trev, only having a laugh. I'm back.

Yeah yeah, I'm a git! I love that pic of me and me grandson though mate, it was his first christmas and that was me and him up at stupid o clock because I was so excited :)
Good to have you back mate, I'll give you a bell over the weekend. Nowt important, just a natter.

I wonder what their attitude to me would have been had they seen me,a broken foot and my leg in plaster up to my knee,walking sticks in hand,climbing the scaffold to the third tier on a ladder (not tied),then drilling a 25mm hole a half meter long with a 240 volt Hiti,drilling whilst propped up against the rail, I will admit I had no hard hat on,and the radio was blaring

By the way,the broken foot was the first bone I have broken in my life
It was caused by crumbling after sitting down doing paperwork,the foot went numb,I walked away from the chair then crumbled on the landing carpet and the job was a good one

My tip to all the H+S freaks
We should remember H+S is important and if followed to the letter,it could kill you
Personal responsibility is my preferrd safety net
[ElectriciansForums.net] Health and safety fools !

I remember I was the same, I used to 'accidentally' wake the kids at 5AM on Christmas morning. (Jimmy Saville did that and now he is under investigation lol)

Good to see you back Paul :)

Thanks Marvo, good to be back. I've just been really, really busy over the past two months with no spare time to spend on here. Even my wife had to book an appointment to see me pmsl, (not joking).

Occasionally you can get revenge on H&S.

A new H&S manager and I spotted him wearing a HiVis jerkin and nylon overalls. It was an iron foundry, therefore all clothing has to be fireproofed.

I took great delight in ordering him out.
I got a rollicking from the great white chief who couldn’t keep his face straight for laughing.

On the same theme i had H&S arrive on site due to some snitch who lost the contract ...anyway we were up an old inch pipe scaffold full height 25ft without riggers and 'she' arrived started shouting at us from below ..we looked but ignored her as we didn't really have a clue who she was and the background noise didn't help ... after various attempts at shouting to us she grabbed the scaffolding and shook it which saw my driver roll off the edge and miss her by a foot.....

We got down and after the rollocking she delivered i pointed out she was aware the scaffolding was unsafe ... she said yes ... i so because we couldn't hear you you decided to shake an obviously unsafe scaffolding with 2 blokes on top which reslting in tools falling down... now may i point out to you that in the circumstances you could have lost our balance regardless of the scaffold set-up and due to your lack of a hard hat as workers in the vicinity were working at height you nearly got a screwdriver in your head!!!!!

"So yes we will put the outriggers on but this will not be reported as i see our counter report to your boss will see you out of a job" ...... clean bill for health and safety and we lashed up the outriggers ;) ...oh and fitted the kick boards Eeek!

This one may tickle you.

A production worker using a 6’ crowbar put it to one side. Unfortunately it was mesh decking. The bar vanished though the floor and somehow went through another three floors. My fitter and I were having our usual argument when the crowbar arrived and embedded it’s self in the floor at the side of him.
I never forgave the proddy, another foot to the side and I’d have had a fitter on a skewer.

What are the chances of four floors of decking being perfectly in line. It fell 60’ in a straight line.

Our shift then got lumbered with the job of making racks for the crowbars to be stored in.

Bloody production workers can’t get anything right!

What I usually find is the ones that can't work without a radio usually have the noisiest tools which drown it out.
Either that or they listen to the kind of crap my daughter likes but have their tinny little radios hooked up to 14kw PA systems which makes me want to kill them because they don't know anything about music.
Music is about melody and harmony and lyrics, not just repeating the same banal phrase over and over on top of a repetitive bass and drum line which was sampled from a song recorded by a proper musician 20 years ago.

Tell me about it !!

This job I've been doing for my builder mate is a case in point. We had his son - 23 years old - "helping" and all day long he had his radio playing the stuff you describe at full blast while he was trying to work using one hand because the other hand was holding his mobile phone firmly to his ear so he could indulge in a slanging match at the top of his voice with his wife of just less than six months who he's just discovered has been a VERY naughty girl with another bloke.......

If I had been the Gaffer, he wouldn't have lasted five minutes and his feet wouldn't have touched ..

A site I worked on last year operated a non offensive calendar policy

It was awful, how were we supposed to work without a daily dose of July's Jugs?!?!

I know what you mean .............. Just the other day Tidyboiler was telling me just how much she's suffering withdrawal symptoms after her place of work introduced a similar policy.

She really enjoyed January's Jock Straps, March's Mens' Bits, September's Speedos ...................

Reply to Health and safety fools ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back