Help.. NVQ | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Help.. NVQ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I need help with my NVQ, I have city and guilds 2330 level 3 which I competed in 2010 and also three years experience on site. I'm trying to do my NVQ but my college doesn't have an assessor. Now they've said my 2330 is fine just I'll have to go back to do a unit on solar panels. But what I need to know exactly is what I should be noting down and what type of installations..? Ie(how many different wiring systems etc please someone help me.

I need help with my NVQ, I have city and guilds 2330 level 3 which I competed in 2010 and also three years experience on site. I'm trying to do my NVQ but my college doesn't have an assessor. Now they've said my 2330 is fine just I'll have to go back to do a unit on solar panels. But what I need to know exactly is what I should be noting down and what type of installations..? Ie(how many different wiring systems etc please someone help me.

You should be given the unit by the college. If you don't have the unit, then how can you be expected to know what you need to do to complete it?

If you can get the unit number, and no one is prepared to help you, then PM me and i will do what i can for you. Which college are you with?

Cheers.............Howard

You should be given the unit by the college. If you don't have the unit, then how can you be expected to know what you need to do to complete it?

If you can get the unit number, and no one is prepared to help you, then PM me and i will do what i can for you. Which college are you with?

Cheers.............Howard

It's called Lakes College in west Cumbria. I'm really stuck Howard, so far I've created my own evidence sheet which states the description of the installation date and place also a slot for my employers signature. One I've wrote down a three phase heater installation and the other a three phase socket both with photos. Also I have photos of me testing on DB boards etc. Please help me I want it so when the assessor does come out I'll have a back haul of evidence waiting for him...

Colonel I'm doing mine and my assessors aren't too helpful either have sent them my work and still waiting. However I have blank diaries to give you an idea of what you need to be doing if that helps?

The problem is you could do what you think is the correct way of doing the portfolio but without the units you dont know the criteria you have to cover. I don't understand how you are doing the NVQ but don't have an assessor?

I did a 2330 at college and then converted it to nvq by doing it online with 'quickstep' it was fairly straight forward and the assessor I had although didn't visit site was always on and to help. Just another option if you need it.

It is very hard and I don't know if it has changed in the last few years since I did it. But for me 301 to 308 could be completed by wiring and testing just one socket.
marking it out, chopping it out, installing back box, wiring it. Second fix and testing it.

Reply to Help.. NVQ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net