Help with actuator wiring please! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Help with actuator wiring please! in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone help me, i tried changing the head off the CH valve as i changed the HW one before and it went fine but i think i f^&*d up this time. Before i changed it i drew were each cable was previously or so i thought.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Help with actuator wiring please!

everything is working except CH act. and with this setup the thermostat light was constantly on
[ElectriciansForums.net] Help with actuator wiring please!

Welcome to the forum, you have yourself down as a trainee, I'd you're on anew active course, I would recommend you apply for access to our Trainee section where we have selected Mentors to help you out on your learning curve. :smilewinkgrin:

dunno mate.my :tounge_smile:knowledge of central heating stops with a fire in the middle of the hut. ask geordiespark. :sunny: i can follow a wiring diagram as long as a wet-pants ain't flicked it up to begin with.

Last edited:
Changing the head only? the valve could be tight or siezed usually better to change the unit. Anyway Geordie may be about soon he is the heating expert here :rockstar:

Brown is switched live from room thermostat, grey is permanent live and orange is switch live to boiler. CH on from programmer will be connected to the common of the room thermostat, thermostat calling for heat will then liven up the brown of the valve which will make it motor round closing the micro switch between grey (permanent live) and orange which is the switch live to the boiler.

Last edited:
seriously though look carefully at tels diagram, it clearly says ch and hw.

look where it goes from and to then look at your own and you will figure it out easy enough, ive been connecting valves today the main difference being mine were a bit bigger on a supply to a ahu

ive just googled and look through this it dumbs it down

Honeywell Y-Plan Explanation

Last edited:

Reply to Help with actuator wiring please! in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net