how much compression / Weight can SWA take? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss how much compression / Weight can SWA take? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LlandrilloSpark

Evening Fellas

I'm doing a job this week wiring up some site cabins on a dockyard, I'm running a 10mm two core SWA 50 metres, there is a 9m section which is exposed to vehicles, one of them being a truck which emptys the portaloo .im thinking if protecting the cable with some sort of protection but was wondering what type of weight it would take?, cheers

Doesn't seem to be a good idea running trucks over a wired armoured cable,the chances are the cable will flatten quite easily

Nip it through some conduit

I wonder what the score was in the rugby yesterday lol

Last edited:
We use class 50mm class 10 HDPE irrigation pipe as ducting buried at 500mm or deeper. It's very inexpensive and easily obtainable, also resilient even to trucks if it isn't buried too shallow. It comes as a roll and is easy to install.

Hard to explain the job area!,the only vehicle that will go near it is the truck , every two weeks, whole job being decommissioned in 9 months, I might just get the proper protectors and try and adapt them some how , that said I can't seethe conductors being damaged when protected by armour and steel conduit

Reply to how much compression / Weight can SWA take? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back