I phone control for heating | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss I phone control for heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Greetings.

Had a guy ask me today if there was anything on the market that would allow him to control his heating in his house in the UK
whilst on holiday in France, I thought of saying call your neighbour but bit my tongue.

I expect he wants to turn the heating up or down or off and on remotely.
Possibly even switch some lights on and off.

I'm not asking for a step by step guide, I can do the research myself
but just a link or two to get me started would be helpful.

Thanks.

Usually find the customer wants until they find out the price, a lot of these interactive systems are not cheap

If all they want to do is turn heating off and on then there are GSM single and dual channel relay units that will operate from text messages I know a few people that use these for turning on vehicle heaters before they leave the warmth of the house or office

Greetings.

Had a guy ask me today if there was anything on the market that would allow him to control his heating in his house in the UK
whilst on holiday in France, I thought of saying call your neighbour but bit my tongue.

I expect he wants to turn the heating up or down or off and on remotely.
Possibly even switch some lights on and off.

I'm not asking for a step by step guide, I can do the research myself
but just a link or two to get me started would be helpful.

Thanks.

"Hello La Poste",

I wondered if this is what You want:

Hack Your Heating Using an iPhone Geo-fence | Automated Home

The `Beware` Note in the Text is probably because the Author is expecting NON Electricians to be wiring this equipment up.

There is also this system if your Friend / Client does not use an iphone:

http://www.quantekshop.co.uk/gsmremotecontrol.html -

OR THIS:

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/New-...campaign=Feed:+AutomatedHome+(Automated+Home) -

THIS MIGHT ALSO BE USEFUL:

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/New-Products/SMS-Text-Message-Control-of-Your-Heating-and-Other-Devices.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+AutomatedHome+%28Automated+Home%29
-

I hope that one of these is suitable for You / your Friend / Client.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited:
Last edited:
Or is the web portal just a DDNS that Britsih Gas are just putting some gloss on to fool people into thinking they are getting more than they really are

The controls look familiar so are they made exclusively for British Gas or are they available elsewhere

Reply to I phone control for heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net