Imist installation electrics | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Imist installation electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

edesonc

DIY
Reaction score
Hi

Are there any electricians out there covering Oxfordshire that have experience fitting electrics for a residential imist fire suppression system (Residential Properties | Fire Suppression Systems | iMist - https://www.imist.com/residential-properties/), had a loft conversion and as ground floor and stairs are open plan BC said i need to get this system. They have some particular wiring requirements for their pump and i need somebody to come sort this so they can finish the install.

Please let me know if you can help.

Cheers

I wired the supplies for 3 off pumps for a mist system for a similar property (due to ground floor & stairs all open plan) in 2017.

I followed the instructions the mist company gave, which included using FP200 2 Core & Earth 2.5mm2 Red Fire Resistant Cable for the wiring, from its own separate distribution board, with all 3 pumps on their own dedicated circuits, no RCD, and FCUs adjacent to each pump to connect them to. The company warned against not following their instructions precisely or they'd refuse to commission it, so I did, even though I felt some of the requirements were a bit OTT.

But sorry, I'm, not offering to come and help.

Reply to Imist installation electrics in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net