immersion heater | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss immersion heater in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

the chippie

can sombody tell me why the blue wire on the immersion heater keeps getting hot and melting its casing

Scary.

Is it heat resistant cable?

If so, what is the csa of the heat resistant cable?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a couple of reasons this could happen : 1 : the cable isnt heat resistance .2 , there is a loose connection of the terminal at the heater,another posabilty is old cable. always ensure the heaters are using heat resistant cable and the connections are tight and not corroded

That doesnt suprise me as there is more heat at the bottom , the bottom heater is the ECo 7 element and the top is the normal / boost element , very often these heaters are wired in 1.5mm i always wire in 2.5mm as SMB has said check the csa of the cable , and ensure its heat resistant , if this continues get the element replaced and use a new piece of heat resistant cable and sleeve this with some extra heat resistant sleeving

is 'buytle' a thing of the past?

can't spell it, but some of you might get my drift I reckon.

feeling hot hot hot....

is 'buytle' a thing of the past?

can't spell it, but some of you might get my drift I reckon.

Ask for 2.5mm 3183 TQ

Is the bottom heater on an 'off peak' supply?

If so then it will probably be 'on' far more than the top element which only heats a much smaller portion of the tank.

feeling hot hot hot....

Ask for 2.5mm 3183 TQ

Is the bottom heater on an 'off peak' supply?

If so then it will probably be 'on' far more than the top element which only heats a much smaller portion of the tank.

Reply to immersion heater in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net