in need of some advise | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss in need of some advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

alex_b

-
Reaction score
Hi, im fairly new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me out . . .

I've been asked to help someone wire up some free standing lamps similar to the one below, straight forward i know, but they then said they wanted more than the one shade/lamp on the one plug, if this possible, as if i use a wiska box/jb they would need to be fixed, and you can't get two bits of flex into a lamp holder. Hopefully the pic works below,

Any suggestions would be appreciated [ElectriciansForums.net] in need of some advise

Thanks

Alex

Hi, im fairly new to this site and was wondering if anyone could help me out . . .

I've been asked to help someone wire up some free standing lamps similar to the one below, straight forward i know, but they then said they wanted more than the one shade/lamp on the one plug, if this possible, as if i use a wiska box/jb they would need to be fixed, and you can't get two bits of flex into a lamp holder. Hopefully the pic works below,

Any suggestions would be appreciated View attachment 16750

Thanks

Alex

[ElectriciansForums.net] in need of some advise

i would use klick ceiling roses that are fixed to a threw box with stuffing glands and your connections would be in the back of that no jb needed on a rcd plug with the correct fuse size for the load

not if you're just giving advice,advice is just that,advice.now if you were doing the job and didn,t secure them thats a different matter.

Unfortunately Advice can land you in court and cost you all your savings and your car+van....and then your house to sell to go towards your fines and any compensation they demand....and that's just the start....you could end up financially ruined for life and put onto a "do not associate " list by employers and suppliers having being beaten into taking the blame for an accident/fire.....also when they sell your house for something like 50p they will come back after you and put an attachment onto your future earnings and any estate that you inherit or are gifted, and possibly that of anybody with a "boundable financial association" i.e your wife's/long term girlfriend's money too...as they are taken by the "legal profession" to have created a bond of association with you...

Even joe public reading something on here, going off and trying to do it...causing an accident or otherwise,could if they had enough money ....attempt to pursue civil legal action against the message/post creator, and other individuals could try to instigate legal action based on the taking of "advice" it's the same as if a professional legal worker or person seen to the public as a financial adviser etc were to give an opinion...this suddenly becomes professional opinion, and is then if judged to be incorrect or inaccurate used against them, they call it "professional hearsay to detriment" and basically say that the person posting should have not done so as the general public will follow to the letter taking it as expert opinion and/or "free advice" which may lead to their detriment, for example financial loss,physical injury, even financial injury(as they call it) so if for example an accountant were to put on a forum about what shares might be good to buy, then the shares crash, the general public reading the post and taking it as advice could pursue legal action and might even be successful...

Always put a note to public readers that snoop around on here, and to non electrical individuals (i.e the general public and individuals who are looking to try DIY without a full understanding) that they should either A) not attempt it at all or (B) call on the services of a professional Electrical installer if they place a post on the internet asking for "advice or opinion" this covers the site as well as yourself if they decide that they want to create risk by attempting to undertake electrical works without training and experience...

Many people tell this to DIY'ers already on the forum as a helpful reminder.

There was a thread a couple of weeks back about the same thing, but that light had about 5 mtrs or more of orange caravan socket flex on it haha, it was a beautiful sight, we all had a right laugh about it lol

Reply to in need of some advise in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net