Insulation resistance test | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Insulation resistance test in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

simbin

Hi. Has anyone had a problem with a Megger MFT1552 with regards to insulation resistance testing? All if a sudden mine won't work & displays 500mA. I've tried a couple of new fuses but still nothing. Everything else works fine....

Hi. Has anyone had a problem with a Megger MFT1552 with regards to insulation resistance testing? All if a sudden mine won't work & displays 500mA. I've tried a couple of new fuses but still nothing. Everything else works fine....

Mine was calibrated a month or so back and kept doing it for a couple of days but has been fine since. Just kept turning it off and then back on.

Replaced the fuse back in the summer so nothing wrong with that.

Have u checked the batteries??? My MFT goes mental if batteries are low. Must use some juice for insulation resistance. I usually get the sine wave symbol when batteries are getting low

The likes (mine anyway) are for your gutsy admission that you blew a fuse - to err is human lol

Didnt blow any for 2years...minion blew the first one his first week...think theres been 4since between us both.

Hell I dont care. Is only a fuse....actually I meant im just checking the interior fuses of the MFT function correctly under fault its all done purposefully of course!! Lol

Didnt blow any for 2years...minion blew the first one his first week...think theres been 4since between us both.

Hell I dont care. Is only a fuse....actually I meant im just checking the interior fuses of the MFT function correctly under fault its all done purposefully of course!! Lol

Blown a few myself - in fact once (stupidly) connected 400V supply to 230V contactor coil - it made an odd sound when I switched on, bit like a hammer hitting a sheet of plasterboard lol - motor didn't run very well after that, in fact not at all :)

Reply to Insulation resistance test in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net