Is a keyswitch required for HMO emergency lighting? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Is a keyswitch required for HMO emergency lighting? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

flex_m

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm technically a 'trainee' but in a months time I will finally have all the qualifications to apply for an approved electrician jib card.

The first job I will be undertaking is getting a house up to HMO requirements, which are outside the scope of bs7671 so it's all a bit alien to me.

I know the areas I need to cover with emergency lighting, but I'm unsure as to the requirements of a key switch?

The existing lighting installation is obviously wired in two core so the key switch would do exactly the same job as the breaker.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Depends what type. Neither are really cost efficient for small installations, and for a stand alone self test system the results will still need recording by someone competent to do so.

For a larger installation a centrally controlled ATS would be a much bigger outlay, but over the years could potentially save on maintenance costs.

Reply to Is a keyswitch required for HMO emergency lighting? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net