Discuss It's with regret I have to inform you, Christina (Sparkychick) has passed in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

It's with regret I have to inform you that Christina, the Sparkychick we all knew and loved, has passed.

I've just spoken to somebody on her phone and she informed me of the sad news. I'd been chatting to her about making a badge or 'golden spoon' as somebody put it, to give to those who are hitting or in retirement and deserve the nod. And I only spoke last week and she was up for it and asking about how much control we have over the CSS style of it, I said all, to which she was pleased.

But I guess it was her time.

Thank you for all your hard work with the forum over the past few years even before coming on as staff she was super helpful and knowledgeable and willing to share it with all budding sparks.

You'll always be remembered Sparky Chick.

⠀⠀⢀⣤⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣤⡀⢀⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣤⡀⠀⠀
⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀
⢠⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄
⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇
⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠀
⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠃⠀
⠀⠀⠈⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠻⣿⣿⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Last edited:
This is just so so sad, I found her recent posts chronicling her treatment thought provoking and very brave despite her not really knowing just how long she had left until her body gave up on her. When I first read Dan's post I did shed a tear despite only knowing her from this forum she always seemed like a person you could get on with should you ever meet
And this is only a few weeks after the passing of another esteemed forum member
I hope they can now rest in peace and that they are not forgotten and their input on here can remain as a legacy to their contribution to this group

She was super brave! 'Just sorting pension now' wiped me off the floor for the rest of the day I couldn't wrap my head around it. She will be sorting the twinkles out now. Full star power, light at night it'll be called, coming soon.

It's with regret I have to inform you that Christina, the Sparkychick we all knew and loved, has passed.

I've just spoken to somebody on her phone and she informed me of the sad news. I'd been chatting to her about making a badge or 'golden spoon' as somebody put it, to give to those who are hitting or in retirement and deserve the nod. And I only spoke last week and she was up for it and asking about how much control we have over the CSS style of it, I said all, to which she was pleased.

Thank you for all your hard work with the forum over the past few years even before coming on as staff she was super helpful and knowledgeable and willing to share it with all budding sparks.

So very sorry to hear this, condolences to all of her family and friends.

Does anybody know if there's a funeral at all? I know there are lots of Welsh sparks out there and maybe somebody knew her locally? It could even be family only or something. But perhaps people could ask about and see.

Either way I'm working on the banner for Christina and Mr L.

Does anybody know if there's a funeral at all? I know there are lots of Welsh sparks out there and maybe somebody knew her locally? It could even be family only or something. But perhaps people could ask about and see.

Either way I'm working on the banner for Christina and Mr L.
See #46 @Jay1987 worked with her at one point.

Sorry to hear about sparkychick. God bless her soul.

Last edited:
Sparkychick kept her sense of humour up until the end, she took delight in telling her mother that she had got a tattoo, after her mother calmed down she explained it was a blue dot about the size of a pin head used to locate the cross lasers of the Halcyon machine when receiving Radio Therapy.
I remember that story haha that's how she should be remembered too she was quick thinking funny. Some just have it.

There are no Google ads anywhere in this thread out of respect, and so that people can share the news far and wide knowing it's going to be quick and easy to read all these lovely comments. Cant get my method to stick they keep coming back sorry.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY THATS REPLIED SO FAR AND MAY DO IN THE FUTURE NO DOUBT.

Last edited:

Very sad news RIP. ---

Depth, fortitude and courage so lacking in many, an inspiration to all. I remember reading her first, and then subsequent updated posts. Reading that update of hers, with a lump in my throat, which was as humble as it was strong, as matter of fact as it was emotional, and just thinking of how long she may have spent at the keyboard to find the composure to share with us all.

No longer in pain, she remains with us here, her wisdom and wit embedded alongside her final emparting - that life is precious and we should live it fully right up until the final breaker. RIP.

Reply to It's with regret I have to inform you, Christina (Sparkychick) has passed in the The Electrical Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks