just maintain... | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss just maintain... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all
just wondering if anyone has heard of just maintain uk...708 wimborne rd,winton,bournemouth.
they contacted me yesterday regarding work in devon.
have recived some paper work from them by email but it looks a bit micky mouse to me.
cheers all

vitoboy

Any joy for anyone?
I guess they maybe theyre waiting for a 30 day period to be over so they can get payment from santander/boots/coral etc before sending payment out?

When they get paid should be irrelevant, your contract is with them. Really need to T&C's sorted before doing any work. Hope you get your money.

I helped them out by getting a flat ready for them (above santander) non-electrical. the flats electric was 35 in debt - which i put 40 of my own money so i could use the power. I stated in a phone call that this was seperate to my invoice for works carried out and wanted the 40 back asap - which i got 5 days later via standing order, my invoice was on a 30 dayer which still has a week or so to run. i will make judgement after that.
I dont see why they would purposely knock people as it is so easy to give someone a bad name via internet/forums etc - you only have to google them and this forum pops up. They just would get any work done therefore they would be able to add their % and invoice the bigger boys. Thats the way i see it any way - maybe wearing rose tinted glasses - only time will tell.

Hi Guys,

My name is Cliff and I am one of the co-directors of Just Maintain UK, I came across some of these form chats and wanted to allay some concerns you guys have regarding my company and answer some questions on my company for you. Just Maintain UK will have a high risk credit rating due to the fact the company is under a year old. We have a contract with a midlands based facility management company who deal solely with domestic premises on behalf of large corporate company’s, some of you have mentioned Boots, Corals, etc. We have a large number of Maintenance Jobs that come through on a daily basis for these companies and naturally we sub-contract a proportion of our works out to help cope with the demand of works, we also provide regular quotes for refurbishments and have recently been instructed to carry out a number of these refurbishments that we have quoted for. I can understand the concerns some of you will have regarding payment however on that note I would like to clarify that we have an arrangement with our client to be paid on 25-30 invoices, we in turn will forward payment to you once we have received these monies. As time has progressed we gain an understanding of which companies pay slower than others so if we thought there would be any danger of payment exceeding the 30 day limit we would naturally let you guys know straight away from the outset. I would also like to say that we in no way are here to rip anyone off or do anyone over, we will always make payment on works that have been completed and we want to build relationships over time with you so we can build a good nucleus of contractors throughout the UK, please bear with us and i can assure you that any monies owed will be paid in full to you.

Should you have any major concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards
Cliff Wheatcroft

Hi Cliff welcome to the forum

It's good that you take the time to take part in the discussion, however I still maintain that you should be paying contractors invoices within a specific time frame, 30, 60 days whatever. By only paying the contractor when you get paid is just passing the risk down the chain. As many of us are sole traders cash flow is a ever present problem and having outstanding invoices with no certain pay day is just an unwelcome addition to that.

We will take your comments on board and we completley understand the importance of cash flow for any business let alone sole traders. In all instances we always work to ensure we pay our contractors on the agreed terms set out once we have instructed works to begin.

Hi all,
In repy to above. Just Maintain should make it quite clear from the onset on payment period wether it be 7 days or 30 days to avoide confusion. These need to be followed up by e-mail or letter.
However on a personal high note invoice has now been in full today. I would also like to say that if the opportunity arises again providing a period of time for payment is made I would gladly work for these guys again.
Thank you Dave and Cliff
C S Home Maintenance Boston

hello again all
so far my invoice for a very small amount has still not been paid despite emails and phone calls from just maintain.
well over the 30 days...they said i would be paid in days..nowt!

must thank the guy for posting and all but??

Hi all,
In repy to above. Just Maintain should make it quite clear from the onset on payment period wether it be 7 days or 30 days to avoide confusion. These need to be followed up by e-mail or letter.
However on a personal high note invoice has now been in full today. I would also like to say that if the opportunity arises again providing a period of time for payment is made I would gladly work for these guys again.
Thank you Dave and Cliff
C S Home Maintenance Boston

mmmm..........suspicious with only 2 post !!!

hello,
I have been chasing just maintain for a few months now about a tiny invoice, but as you all know it all counts. As the invoice hasent been payed within 30 days i have stuck on an extra surcharge. has anyone accually been paid by these guys?? im not too far away and was thinking about paying them a visit.

cheers Sean

Hi To All! WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Do not undertake any work for this company unless you want endless phone calls chasing your money promise after promise from DAVE CARR that "you will be paid BUD !" I have just issued court proceddings against these CROOKS.

Please contact me if you have a problem as I'm building quite a case to send to Ann Robinson at Watchdog I will make sure no one else has to lose money and time working for this company.

Lionel

I Second That!!! Please everyone out there!!! Do not touch these guys with a barge pole..(hit them with it lol).
Seriously they are bad news.
It works out like this, you will recieve a phone call from Dave most probably boasting about the amount of work they have and all the teams they have working etc, they sound so proffesional and it sucked me in big time. Dave would say things like "do you pay VAT" to which id reply "No i dont make enough" and he'd reply "well lets change that"......i couldnt even pay my bills because they messed me and others i was working with around so much that we are all pretty much screwed now and trying to get back above water in difficult times.
I worked so hard for these guys and gave it my all and got nothing but lies and crap from them, they are lying crooks, cowboys that give us honest tradesmen a bad name and they should not be in business.

I know of over £3000 pounds worth of invoices still to be settled.
I could go on for days about these guys giving examples of thier lies (to you face) and unprofessional antics.

Cliff who deals with the money is useless and never made a payment on time and when after weeks of chasing and stress (tears on my wifes part) hed pay a completely odd figure so id have to carry on chasing.

Dave has lied to me so many times it makes me feel sick thinking about it and to be hoonest makes me feel a total fool for not smelling the sh*t coffee sooner.

PLEASE DONT GET SUCKED IN!!!!!! carry on trying to find work in your area and fend for your self like you have been for years and youre still here to tell the tale.

This was the first time i've worked for somebody in my 5 years or being self employed and it nearly ruined my little business that has carried me and my wife through just fine.

DONT MESS UP YOUR CHRISTMAS AND STAY CLEAR!!!!

Thanks

PS please anyone else like me and Lionel, come and warn the world.

Spoke to my mate who is an accountant about stuff like this, he assures me that "We'll pay you when company x pays us because they own the property" is illegal under the same bit of legislation that covers all other late payments, A law that in my opinion has not been publicised widely enough.
And, failure to pay a bill as and when it becomes due for payment is an act of insolvency and trading while insolvent is a criminal offence. A possible tactic for all you guys owed money by this shower could be to issue a winding up petition. Me mate reckons it tends to focus peoples minds on paying you if their bank accounts are going to be frozen in a weeks time.
Any further comments Mr Wheatcroft?

Reply to just maintain... in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net