kewtech kt63 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss kewtech kt63 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andyk1969

hi just bought a second hand kt63 mft the unit is in like new never been used. but it does not have a serial number on it anywhere apart from one on the 13amp plug lead used for loop/rcd tests at socket outlets etc. do you think this could be the serial number for the unit as well? not been like this on any others testers iv'e used what do you think

My Kewtech MFTs have a serial number on the bottom (though I don't have a KT63 model, may be different), e.g. the KT64 has a small recess at one side underneath approx 25mm x 4mm, with silver coloured label, clearly visible since you need to note it down on a test sheet. Is there some kind of recess somewhere that now has no label? If so, I can perhaps think of one reason why it might have been removed ...

UPDATE: Just checked, my 13A plug lead does not have it's own serial number.

Last edited:
I had the same issue, it’s the little white strip recessed on the back of tester. However mine had faded off. It’s also on a tag on the mains lead.

This threads 8 years old mate, i think he's probably got it sorted by now. :-D

I had the same issue and couldn’t find any info online. Called kewtech and they informed me of these locations. I thought I’d post with this info to help anyone else in looking in future.

Thanks it’s appreciated, was only taking the mick as the tread was so old.

Someone does it every time an old thread gets resurrected ??

Reply to kewtech kt63 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net