latest date | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter gordysolar
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 5K

Discuss latest date in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gordysolar

Whens latest date to register pv system is it 12 december do u need yo send it.off 2weeks before this date?

The supplier has to RECEIVE a correctly completed application form by dec 12th (not on dec 12). thats why I am reccomending all my customers send special delivery and then follow up with a phone call.

Three different fits licensees have told me that the cut off point for fits forms to get to them is midnight 11/12/2011 for e-mailed documents and before lunchtime on friday the 9/12/2011 for hard copy documents, so please send them next day signed for recorded delivery. So any hard copy docs sent after lunch on the 8/12/2011 might not get there in time.

The supplier has to RECEIVE a correctly completed application form by dec 12th (not on dec 12). thats why I am reccomending all my customers send special delivery and then follow up with a phone call.
I send my form to EON by Special Delivery and followed up by phone a week later. They told me that it might not have appeared on their systems yet. Luckily, it had and the date they had was the date that they received it (ie the day after I posted it)

So if they cannot confirm that they have it then I would not panic too much, at least for a few days.

Interestingly, the proof of delivery on the Royal Mail web site did not appear until the same day (a week after posting).

I can confirm what Steve says above regarding E.ON - I've just had emailed confirmation from them that they'll accept emailed applications (App form + MCS Cert) up until midnight, 11th Dec to get the current FIT rate.

Mind you, all you'd have to get wrong is one character in their email address, or make one significant mistake in the form...

Eon's email address for Fit applications is:

[email protected] at the minute when you send the details to them they will send a manual email confirmation within 24 hrs but in the next week they hope to have an automated service, that should help as we get closer to the date.

Assuming of course that the MCS website doesn't go down like it did this morning!

Guys
I received an email last night from the solar trade association claiming that MCS WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY SYSTEMS SIGNED OFF WITHIN THE LAST TEN DAYS OF THE CUT OFF DATE.
[h=3]Further comments on the timetable[/h]
It is not acceptable to undertake a consultation proposingmajor changes with potential for significant financial impacts on the industryand generators which has an implementation date (12 December) which occurs beforethe deadline for submission ofresponses. This deadline is in effect the end of November, as the MCS will onlyguarantee to process MCS certifications within 10 days.

Surely each energy provider cannot make up their own rules if the offical stance from the government is that all systems comissioned before the 12th and all paperwork received by energy providers is the 12th then they are elegible.

MCS have an envisaged guarantee date of the 25th Nov - I'm sure many orders will not be met due to simple supply and commissioning obstacles – should there be one protest by solar industry representatives filling Whitehall one day followed by members of the general public that have their opportunity taken away that would fill Hyde Park the next ?!?

Guaranteed date for what? Provided the MCS website doesn't keep crashing and the utilities are prepared to accept scanned, emailed applications with automated receipts then where does the 25th November come into the equation?

...a (major) supplier is suggesting they will only guarantee processing for all registrations received 10 days prior to the 12th.

What's to process other than the MCS certificate which provided the website is up and running takes minutes? The utilities are all taking applications and sending automated receipts up to midnight on the 25th. The fit application only has to be received by the utility not processed. We might as well give up now they've got huge backlogs if it had to be processed but it hasn't it just has to be with the utility before the 12th December.

MCS announcement - no cut off deadline....many thanks to the letter writer of their MD, possibly got confused whilst counting their Euros....sorry, deutsche marks

This is from the MCS website:

[h=2]Clarification about registering installations on the MCS Installation Database[/h] To all MCS Accredited Installers

Please note that all MCS Installations can be registered on the MCS installation database as normal during the month of November and December 2011.The MCS Database will be in operation as usual, and there is no cut-off deadline with regards to registering installations with the MCS installation database in relation to the FITs changes. We are currently speaking with our database developers about ensuring the system functions accordingly to cope with any increased demand that may take place.

I have asked DECC to confirm the Service Level Agreement that Gemserv are contracted to provide for the MCS database. Still waiting for a response. There possibly isn't one. I know there wasn't one back in April 2010 when FiTs started, but I'm not sure if one has been put in place since then.

Reply to latest date in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net