Looking for some pure white sockets and switches | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Looking for some pure white sockets and switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a customer who is building two houses. In the first house I fitted White Scolmore click / Click mode sockets and light switches etc. The builder and his girl friend remarked that they looked off white in colour and almost have a grey tint to them. They have asked me if I can source some true / pure white sockets when I come to do 2nd fix on the House 2.
This is the first time that I have ever come across this but when you compare different makes of sockets and switches there is indeed a difference in the whiteness and my local electrical supplier said that sockets etc are made from different types of plastic depending on the manufacturer.
Click / Scolmore do a 'Polar White' range which seems a bit whiter than the standard click mode socket but they are a very slim screw less plate which could be an issue if the plasterer hasn't got the walls perfectly flat.
Does anyone know of a make or brand of socket which is pure brilliant white or perfect white ?
The standard Scolmore sockets, seem quite white to my eye and would greatly appreciate any suggestions and then I can go back to the builder and give him a choice.
Thank you to all.

Best bet here is to get a number of switches from all manufactures and ask the customer which one they like best.

Trouble is, not all manufacturers make every type of switch…. For instance, if you’ve wired appliance switches into a grid , and the chosen manufacturer don’t do them, or need a deeper back box than normal.

Just get the customer to buy whatever he wants and fit it, don't get involved in showing them endless makes and models only for them to turn their nose up time after time. I had one customer once who didn't like the clicking sound the switches made and wanted me to swap them for something quieter.

Just get the customer to buy whatever he wants and fit it, don't get involved in showing them endless makes and models only for them to turn their nose up time after time. I had one customer once who didn't like the clicking sound the switches made and wanted me to swap them for something quieter.
That is what my wife says. She said to ask them if they have seen any sockets they like. You are spot on with what you said. I have already bought some sample sockets to compare (Lap, BG) and looked around and there is not really that much difference.

When I first started, I stripped out a house for a rewire and got my hands on a switch with an inlay and transparent cover.
Filled it in with matching bedroom wallpaper, so the pattern was perfect.

Nice enough idea, but couldn’t find the switch after one to many shandy’s.

Went back to original off white pretty quick

Reply to Looking for some pure white sockets and switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net