Looking forward to Monday! Start of the 1 a day for 5 days new threads! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Looking forward to Monday! Start of the 1 a day for 5 days new threads! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

pirate

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Dan said I could post about anything!

Great news!

My first thread will be musical...and include:
JN
BmcG
HF
AB

but I might just spread these over a few threads, rather than squander them all in one

Am I allowed to post links to YouTube videos? To make it easy for members to see?

Haha you're alllll maaaaaaad.

(The official 5-a-week threads comp thing isn't running but feel free to join in the unofficial one - only reason being I haven't been on long enough link all the first ones together yet!)

thus...I need to find another one for this week...and the next one will be much gentler, I promise!
Tuesday will reveal all!

I'm thinking of getting a copy of Animal Farm not read that for a long time but from what I remember it about sums up what is going on now

Oddly enough @UNG
my new copy arrived yesterday!

When I was at school we had very progressive English teachers, so Arthur Miller, J D Salinger, George Orwell and Albert Camus were the prescribed reading, amongst others>

I remember enjoying Animal Farm and 1984, and recently decided to re-read both. 1984 brought back many memories but I had forgotten SO much, so it was almost a revelation to read it again. As I said, Animal Farm arrived yesterday and will be devoured very soon.

Oddly enough @UNG
my new copy arrived yesterday!

When I was at school we had very progressive English teachers, so Arthur Miller, J D Salinger, George Orwell and Albert Camus were the prescribed reading, amongst others>

I remember enjoying Animal Farm and 1984, and recently decided to re-read both. 1984 brought back many memories but I had forgotten SO much, so it was almost a revelation to read it again. As I said, Animal Farm arrived yesterday and will be devoured very soon.
There are some books that make an impression and are never totally forgotten and I really need to get around to reading some of them again. Hard to believe that 1984 was published 75 years ago this year and we IMO are getting extremely close to some if not most of it's content all be it some years later than the book suggested

When it comes to examining the many "conspiracy theories" circulating today I do not consider myself to be totally sequacious, an acolyte, whatever...but the pattern that is emerging inexorably leads me to being naturally inquisitive and indeed suspicious...
Clearly, I would not question the activities of our esteemed leaders who are but puppets doing the will of those really in charge...
oh...wait...
but no! It is not my place to think,or doubt, much less take action...
Yet I feel that the time is fast approaching when only action will save us all from total subjugation...and that is when the terror will begin...and the revolt will commence when enough of us with fewer years to live, but with many years of knowledge, rail against the machine.

Meantime, on a lighter note, I will post a new thread, #3 of my 5 a week, just for fun! See you there!

Reply to Looking forward to Monday! Start of the 1 a day for 5 days new threads! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net