Lutron anyone ...? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Lutron anyone ...? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening All....

Part of a job I've got coming is installing a Lutron system : to control various LEDs (ceiling, floor, splash back) in the customers new kitchen / dinner area.

Still waiting on the spec to come through from the lighting design company.

Just wondering what to expect, never worked with this before so bit of a new one to me.

Apparently they've got a company that will come and commission it etc, and I've got to decide how much of the install if any I am happy to do myself ?

Can I do all of it ? Whats involved ? Just following a drawing, cat 6 to switches maybe ? (can of worms - shall I just leave it to the professionals?)

Any thoughts.... Cheers Sy

Last edited:
Worked on this before. All you need to do is install whatever cable they say is needed normaly cat 6, Back to a point where the control panel will be placed. Run all you switch lines to there and power. They come and connect it all up and design to client spec with a laptop,they charge silly money for a days work
bobs your uncle.:dizzy2:.

you need to know if its a homeworks system which controls a whole house or just a grafik eye with controls 6 circuits only.you need to install lutron cable which is a 4core cable to each switch or a radial with up to 5 switches normally and take it back to the main controller. Also all the circuits for the lights go back to the main controller .hope that helps a little bit

Evening All....

Part of a job I've got coming is installing a Lutron system : to control various LEDs (ceiling, floor, splash back) in the customers new kitchen / dinner area.

Still waiting on the spec to come through from the lighting design company.

Just wondering what to expect, never worked with this before so bit of a new one to me.

Apparently they've got a company that will come and commission it etc, and I've got to decide how much of the install if any I am happy to do myself ?

Can I do all of it ? Whats involved ? Just following a drawing, cat 6 to switches maybe ? (can of worms - shall I just leave it to the professionals?)

Any thoughts.... Cheers Sy

Do it all, there isnt a lot to this system that will tax you. But put plenty on the job, usually people who have this kit, have money to burn, its not the cheapest set up in the world.

Cheers.............Howard

Install grafix eys's and do it all yourself , as mentioned run all circuits as radials , ( dont over load channels ) if your installing wall stations run cat5e from G/E location daisy chained to each wall staition POP to program any probs PM me

Graphix come with good installation manual, you don't need the software but before ordering the check you dont need any power boosters and if LV check compatable transformers.

I have installed Lurton and found it really expensive and inflexible. Look at this new system designed by jsjs. It works of standard wiring, can be controlled by your smartphone or internet. Also open doors, switch sockets, program moods, water the garden etc AND at a fraction of the price! Their website is not that great but get them to give you a demo.
Products - jsjsdesign

Last edited by a moderator:
I have installed Lurton and found it really expensive and inflexible. Look at this new system designed by jsjs. It works of standard wiring, can be controlled by your smartphone or internet. Also open doors, switch sockets, program moods, water the garden etc AND at a fraction of the price! Their website is not that great but get them to give you a demo.

Products - jsjsdesign
Is this advertising - moderators won't like it - slapped wrist!!

Reply to Lutron anyone ...? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net