MAIN EARTH BONDING domestic installation | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss MAIN EARTH BONDING domestic installation in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

piz

Hello
When we are asked to change a CU i have been told on pme and tns the main earthing conductor is the responsibilty of the electricity board.
so if this is the case why is a 16 mm earth sold on packs of 2meter tails?,
example change board 25mm tails or 16mm if 80amp main fuse 10mm to gas and water but only sometimes 4 or 6 mm main earth do we just record this on an EIC
Cheers

I'm wondering when the thread title will be relevant to the thread

As said in post 2 - the DNO must supply a suitable earth - if they cant provide one within regs then you must supply a TT rod!
The DNO must only make an earth available (if they can) and it is your job then to ensure the cable between the termination of the DNO and the CU is upto regs

Pretty pointless exercise then, to have an earth rod that's not buried!! lol!!!

I know your taking the **** - its driven into the ground but the top is exposed - therefore not buried and not protected against mechanical protection - regs states 25mm - I cant be bothered to get OSG or BGB out for the Reg number

I know your taking the **** - its driven into the ground but the top is exposed - therefore not buried and not protected against mechanical protection - regs states 25mm - I cant be bothered to get OSG or BGB out for the Reg number
Nicholas I think you have mis-read the OSG.

it says min 25mm if buried but not protected against corrosion

2.5mm if not buried but protected against corrosion and mechanical damage,
4mm if not protected and not buried

Reply to MAIN EARTH BONDING domestic installation in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net