Motor wiring | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Motor wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, been given the task of installing a second hand radial arm saw in a workshop. Unfortunately the control panel is not there. This is what I have to connect, I assume there needs to be a starter & overload.
Thinner wires go to switch on saw but no clue of the actual connections if anyone has any ideas. Cheers.
[ElectriciansForums.net] Motor wiring
[ElectriciansForums.net] Motor wiring

The white, pink and candy stripe wires are three phase for the motor. If there is a missing control panel the purpose of the other wires is not known.

The photo shows the other wires going to a switch mounted on the cover, does this switch have a label or do you know what it is used for? The other wire is jointed to the black cable to something else on the unit, is there another switch on that black 2 core cable or something else?

Reply to Motor wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Furthermore, as the left hand switch will currently not do anything, I'd try the loose brown in here:
Replies
Views
  • Question
There is nothing inherently wrong with this part of the layout. There is another option that you may want to consider. Those supply conductors...
Replies
Views
I can imagine it just disappearing (loudly) under short circuit conditions, then the resulting blast/plasma etc. casing the busbars to flash over...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would agree that the motor is by far the best part to replace. if it is powered and not turning then it is broken. Keep it simple!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah, I've now got all that but with the electronic timer. The ABB AF contactors aren't compatible with the Schneider SD timer, but ABB don't do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back