My first CU change!! | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss My first CU change!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

She

Hello friends! My second post! So im just about to take on my first CU change over in SW London. Whats a good price for a full test and inspect, CU change over inc certs. Been looking on here at other posts but confused and the price gaps are massive?! Thanks Kellie :crazy:

don't PANIC I have all my qualifications BUT Im not with a governing body, I have someone that is willing to go over my work and cert it she will make she its all good! Im just trying to write up a quote but wanted to see what the avg. price would be. But I do understand that I need to know certain things I will be fitting a 10way cu doing the T&I parts and making safe any C1 etc

don't PANIC I have all my qualifications BUT Im not with a governing body, I have someone that is willing to go over my work and cert it she will make she its all good! Im just trying to write up a quote but wanted to see what the avg. price would be. But I do understand that I need to know certain things I will be fitting a 10way cu doing the T&I parts and making safe any C1 etc

Tut, tut.

There is NO allowance for 3rd party testing for self certified work, except for LABC doing it - so you need to check what they want to charge.

So it would be against the regs or illegal or immoral!? new to the electrical world and don't want to start off on the wrong foot! I was informed that if my works were I&T by her and the certs would be in her name she would notify this would all be ok?!

Well I was taught in 3 months to pass the exams put it that way! Im sure it will be a job of constant learning.. but I have found an amazing teacher so its all good:wink5:

So it would be against the regs or illegal or immoral!? new to the electrical world and don't want to start off on the wrong foot! I was informed that if my works were I&T by her and the certs would be in her name she would notify this would all be ok?!

Well, fraud springs to mind. You do the work, she tests it and notifies it. She is breaking the rules of her scheme.

You did ask.

EDIT: And you are aiding and abeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 Months to pass the 17th Edition, Ins & Test, domestic installer training. Inc Part P (Which was actually 18day's in total I just didn't have the time to do it all at once so that's why I said 3 months)

Bronze course? bronze medal is for third place isn't it? So does that qualify someone to carry out third rate work?

Judging by the 5week wonder's work I disconnected and removed the other week i'd say third rate was a compliment for the quality!

I looked at a domestic job the other which involves altering an MICC installation, i'd love to meet the domestic installer scheme graduate who can terminate that cable properly!

Reply to My first CU change!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net