My first CU change!! | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss My first CU change!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

She

Hello friends! My second post! So im just about to take on my first CU change over in SW London. Whats a good price for a full test and inspect, CU change over inc certs. Been looking on here at other posts but confused and the price gaps are massive?! Thanks Kellie :crazy:

Poor girl just came on here for a bit of friendly advice and all she gets is a barrage of abuse.
I find the hostility some members show to less experienced posters somewhat pathetic to be honest and to accuse her of being incompetent purely because she did full time training as opposed to part time is a little naive and reeks of elitism.

Kellie...If you are installing the board and issuing an installation cert then I'd charge £350, but then because its London maybe whack another £50 on for good measure. Bonding....depends on how tricky it is but if you can do it in an hour maybe £70 extra. Even if it takes all day you're in the money. I'm normally in and out in 5 hours.

Come on site with us and you'll see just how gentle the abuse here really is. The world is a nasty horrible place! It's natures way of getting rid of the weak, called survival of the fittest I believe.

seriously!! not having a dig here but I've completed my time and NVQ over the usual time and i'm trying to go it alone after carrying out years of training on commercial and industrial sites and even I think i'm going at it a bit fast just because I've not done much domestic work, I don't have much of a choice because i'm self employed now anyway but allowing the leaches (agencies) to suck my blood and I've had enough. in fairness fast trackers make me feel less anxious and realise that I'm just being stupid in worrying. I mean what's the worst that can happen LOL :bobby::bobby: sorry if I've come across mean I really don't mean to, I know how tough it is to make a go in this game but for me fast track was never an option and I was a late starter in the electrical game but still did it the hard and very expensive way.

Jesus wept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst thread i have ever seen.A woman with virtually no experience calling herself a spark geting her work signed off by another woman and doesnt even know how to price the job?The frightening thing is some poor barsteward has agreed to let this person loose in their house.I dont know why people are up in arms about Eastern Europeans taking loads of sparks jobs when we have the insanity of the electrical trainee,.At least most of the poles and romanians i have met have been qualified sparks,maybe not to our standards but they studied for a hell of a lot more then 18 days.Dont help her or give her any advice,its people like this who are ruining the game and there is no way someone who has been to a learning centre for 18 days should be coming on a sparks forum.I have been at this 29 years and have seen a once prestigious respected trade dumbed down to almost nothing.Helping these chancers is like turkeys voting for Christmas

Jesus wept!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst thread i have ever seen.A woman with virtually no experience calling herself a spark geting her work signed off by another woman and doesnt even know how to price the job?The frightening thing is some poor barsteward has agreed to let this person loose in their house.I dont know why people are up in arms about Eastern Europeans taking loads of sparks jobs when we have the insanity of the electrical trainee,.At least most of the poles and romanians i have met have been qualified sparks,maybe not to our standards but they studied for a hell of a lot more then 18 days.Dont help her or give her any advice,its people like this who are ruining the game and there is no way someone who has been to a learning centre for 18 days should be coming on a sparks forum.I have been at this 29 years and have seen a once prestigious respected trade dumbed down to almost nothing.Helping these chancers is like turkeys voting for Christmas
Completely agree mate, to many members trying to show off their knowledge to impress DIYers when work is very competitive.

seriously!! not having a dig here but I've completed my time and NVQ over the usual time and i'm trying to go it alone after carrying out years of training on commercial and industrial sites and even I think i'm going at it a bit fast just because I've not done much domestic work, I don't have much of a choice because i'm self employed now anyway but allowing the leaches (agencies) to suck my blood and I've had enough. in fairness fast trackers make me feel less anxious and realise that I'm just being stupid in worrying. I mean what's the worst that can happen LOL :bobby::bobby: sorry if I've come across mean I really don't mean to, I know how tough it is to make a go in this game but for me fast track was never an option and I was a late starter in the electrical game but still did it the hard and very expensive way.
this is half the problem out there...
agency`s, landlords and letting agents thinking they can just treat you like a jobey...

There are some very good Electrical Trainee's (I've worked with a few), the best thing they all have is the ability to ask if they don't understand.......unlike some of the know all time served fools I've also worked with, who wouldn't know safe isolation even if it kicked them in the family jewels.

Survival of the fittest.......oh please....you just sound like a knuckle dragging brickies mate with comments like that.

She, as has already been said £350 - £400 for the cu change add £50 - £100+ for the meb's.....don't forget the pictures.

Survival of the fittest.......oh please....you just sound like a knuckle dragging brickies mate with comments like that.

Please, if you are going to insult me at least have the decency to construct the sentence correctly.

Survival of the fittest is the leading scientific theory of how all life evolved on this planet and the evidence is quite strongly in its favour. Without survival of the fittest you would not be alive today, in fact the entire human race would not exist!

Anyone looking for new career reading this will think cu change= £70 an hour. Must be balanced by borrowed neutrals, it's just been decorated, nicked cable in pattress somewhere etc.

But anyone with half a brain will realise that to go SE after a fast track course could mean months of sitting around earning nothing....

Reply to My first CU change!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net