My first CU change!! | Page 7 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss My first CU change!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

She

Hello friends! My second post! So im just about to take on my first CU change over in SW London. Whats a good price for a full test and inspect, CU change over inc certs. Been looking on here at other posts but confused and the price gaps are massive?! Thanks Kellie :crazy:

Anyone looking for new career reading this will think cu change= £70 an hour. Must be balanced by borrowed neutrals, it's just been decorated, nicked cable in pattress somewhere etc.

But anyone with half a brain will realise that to go SE after a fast track course could mean months of sitting around earning nothing....

Not looking for argument Mr. Murdoch, sense you have years of experience and earnings in the trade, but people who've never been self employed but find themselves in a rut don't think that way.

No they probably don't think that way (and i do hold fast track training companies to blame for setting very unrealistic expectations) BUT if you go around ripping people off you won't get many recommendations.

Damn I never realized things had got that bad!
I really should pull my head out of the factory sometime and see whats going on in the world.

No disrespect to you "She" But I dont see how anyone could be deemed as competent in the space of 18 days to be a domestic sparky?
I did the full training courses 2391 en all and would not feel comfortable working in someones house.
Now its not that I would be incompetent in a electrical sense but its totally different to what I am used to.
Now theres lots of different houses, made from lots of different materials and lots of different ways of doing things and thats where you need someone to show you the ropes in terms of what you can and cant do.
You have a mentor and thats great, I hope she teaches you these kind of things but I think a 18 day to qualify course is madness!

Oh and on a side note regarding survival of the fittest....
I think Darwin never accounted for the H&S loons who protect the most stupid in society, Ya know those people who should of been hit by a bus crossing the street by now....

To be fair to the garages, that £70 p/h has to support the premises, the diagnostic machinery and each make's disc etc. Re Telectrix' post, no-one thinks " I'll become a mechanic" because no course promises such outcome.

Reply to My first CU change!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar threads

Thought I'd update this. Finally had my assessment today. I chased them on Friday morning as it'd been about 10-12 weeks since I'd actually made a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Jumping on and off jobs can be tough going when you're less than confident as every time you go back it's like a new job. that you know little...
Replies
Views
nicebutdim
N

Recommended Sponsor News

Exclusive Forum Offer! Free euro 2024 wall chart for first 10 responses!

Hi everyone,

We have 10 exclusive Uheat EURO 2024 Wallcharts to giveaway for Electricians Forum Members! The first 10 people to reply YES to this thread - I will message and get them sent out to you just in time for this years tournament! GO GO GO

Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

I am sure you will join me in welcoming our newest sponsors of ElectriciansForums.net - Quickwire! They have decided to join us after seeing you guys discussing their products here. Now we have an expert on board that you can chat to @Quickwire-Sam who will be happy to answer your queries!

[ElectriciansForums.net] Quickwire Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net

@Quickwire-Sam said "At Quickwire, we're all about speed, safety, and reliability. We're a family-run business, and every Quickwire connector is proudly made right here in the UK, ensuring noticeable quality. In short, Quickwire is the fastest connection method on the market. Whether you're an experienced electrician or a DIY enthusiast, Quickwire makes electrical connections ridiculously quick and easy. We're passionate about blending British craftsmanship with innovation. If you have any questions or if there's any way we can help, please just ask me!"

PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

I hope you will all join me in welcoming our newest sponsor to the forum PCBWay! You can contact their friendly people by sending a message to @PCBWay who will be happy to answer your queries.

Welcome to the community and thanks for your sponsorship!

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

PCBWay provides services including PCB Prototype and batch Production, PCB Assembly (SMT), 3D Printing, CNC Machining, PCB Design, Electronics Modules Selling, etc. We are committed to meeting the needs of global makers from different industries in terms of quality, delivery, cost-effectiveness, and any other demanding requests in electronics.

[ElectriciansForums.net] PCBWay Now Sponsor ElectriciansForums.net!!

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back