New wiring colours | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss New wiring colours in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Can't understand how experienced sparks do this

[ElectriciansForums.net] New wiring colours

Why do you say 'Experienced' ... do you know who did it or did the customer say he was an Electrician .... he may have just been as is obvious a bodgit and scarper with a charm to hoodwink the customer..

I particularly like the use of the spoil from the coupler holes as washers. And the way it's fixed through the flimsy vent at the back rather than the recessed keyhole slots.

And the colours ? I can only assume it was done by a not very clued up spark during the colour change over period.

Whilst on topic, i have a quick question. When terminating cable that is identified by number, black insulation, screen printed with core number, who goes further and sleeves or tapes the relevant cores with the corresponding colours? Or just leaves them to be identified through the printed number?

I particularly like the use of the spoil from the coupler holes as washers. And the way it's fixed through the flimsy vent at the back rather than the recessed keyhole slots.

And the colours ? I can only assume it was done by a not very clued up spark during the colour change over period.

Ha ha I like it shows initiative, home made washers...lol classic

Looks like a new Hager board so can't of been during change over period, unless his change over period is 10 years??...

Probably works for a large approved contractor.And under the umbrella of ECA NICEIC or such like.
Is told after 6 months with the company. Your doing really well for a lad thats come straight from school.
Now I'm going to give you a 20p an hour raise, and give you a bit more responsibility.
The other lads are all tied up on other jobs, so I want you to pop along and have a go at a board change.
Do you think I can trust you with that ?? Good lad knew I could.

Whilst on topic, i have a quick question. When terminating cable that is identified by number, black insulation, screen printed with core number, who goes further and sleeves or tapes the relevant cores with the corresponding colours? Or just leaves them to be identified through the printed number?

I always sleeve or tape the numbered cores as you can't guarantee how different sparks will connect them. I use 1-3 as L1-L3, 4 neutral & 5 earth, but some one else may think the earth is most important so should be core 1!

if i turn the switch does it work the guy said to me today.. = who cares bar us. really , but i do like to try do it right ....

its like a dr i know got loft ladder fitted and the gy must of stood on ariels says he be back last week with ariel guy.... twwwot payed thx

Reply to New wiring colours in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net