Newbie question…wiring a transformer… | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Newbie question…wiring a transformer… in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My transformer came in. I’m assuming the “IN” goes to the power cord from the wall and the “OUT” goes to the 12v MR16 bulb?

Thanks!

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Newbie question…wiring a transformer…
    00CA176E-E131-4A08-93B5-E49CA033B807.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 36
Is this the same LED that was connected to 120V by mistake? If so it will be short-circuited inside and will put the transfomer into overload lrotection mode.

Reply to Newbie question…wiring a transformer… in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
UPDATE, after contacting Paypal, uploading all the emails and evidence the sending the transformer back I have now received a full refund...
Replies
Views
You mention there are ten lights, which are presumably all fed from this one transformer. Typically they are 10W G4 lamps fitted, which equates to...
Replies
Views
It sounds like there is either something up with the wiring to (or from) that thermostat, or the thermostat itself. If you disconnect all the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response James. My timer spec sheet offers the following information but nothing which appears to indicate Hi James. Thanks for...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes that will do the job - presuming there is a battery in it and it's working Ok! Turn the rotary knob one click to the V setting as you say...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back