newly qualified pricing a job | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss newly qualified pricing a job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martin28

Newly qualified as stated above and pricing a full rewire in a 3 bed empty property.

Rewire to include
new consumer board
11 sockets down stairs
9 sockets up stairs
Total of 26 down lights through the house.
Cooker circuit/extractor
Under cabinet lights
Bathroom extractor fan
Part p test certificate

Everything will be newly rewired,channeled in etc

How much would you charge for Labour minimum and Maximum?

look at a website called which to give you an idea of prices in the area you are in.
my advice for first one on own is factor in how much labour time would be involved how much materials what hourly rate you want and how much customers in your area are paying.Also how much your new company needs to keep going.

Minimum of one hundred BILLION dollars!

[ElectriciansForums.net] newly qualified pricing a job

From now on, every 'can you do my pricing for me' thread that comes up, they're getting this! :D

Sorry OP, I don't mean to be mean, but only you can work out what you need to make a living :)

As a guide
2 bed-£2,000
3 bed - £3,000
4 bed - £4,000
and so on

extras include shower, utility room, boiler thermostats control cables, well supply, downlights, etc

aim for 3 sockets per bedroom, 5 for normal kitchen and 5 for lounge. (All double)

how ow I started I put a table together on excel, worked price to me with TLC Cat price then added 20% then doubled it. That gave a price for the whole job!

First 2 or 3 expect to make a little less than orgionaly planed, as there will be things like wall plugs, screws, earths leaving, extra cable, damaged screwdriver/drill bits that you didn't count for!

first house I rewired when I set up on my own, I made 20% profit instead of the 45% I planned! now I'm hitting 60%. It's all practise

I'm currently installing a new build, 3 bed house, 1 on suit, 1 larder, 1 utility room, 1 HUGH kitchen, 1 well supply, 1 backup shower supply (if they go from well water to mains - won't ever happen!), electric underflood heating upstairs, addressable thermostats in each room, combi towel rads

customer agreed at £4,500 and they supply all sockets, light switches, etc.

around 60% profit at moment until they boarded the bloody kitchen roof halfway through first fix - all cables run through kitchen in this 30ft long kitchen in roof only 2ft high!

IM NOT HAPPY!

As a guide
2 bed-£2,000
3 bed - £3,000
4 bed - £4,000
and so on

extras include shower, utility room, boiler thermostats control cables, well supply, downlights, etc

aim for 3 sockets per bedroom, 5 for normal kitchen and 5 for lounge. (All double)

how ow I started I put a table together on excel, worked price to me with TLC Cat price then added 20% then doubled it. That gave a price for the whole job!

First 2 or 3 expect to make a little less than orgionaly planed, as there will be things like wall plugs, screws, earths leaving, extra cable, damaged screwdriver/drill bits that you didn't count for!

first house I rewired when I set up on my own, I made 20% profit instead of the 45% I planned! now I'm hitting 60%. It's all practise

Yep, if the earths have all left then you could spend half a day rounding them up again :)

I'm currently installing a new build, 3 bed house, 1 on suit, 1 larder, 1 utility room, 1 HUGH kitchen, 1 well supply, 1 backup shower supply (if they go from well water to mains - won't ever happen!), electric underflood heating upstairs, addressable thermostats in each room, combi towel rads

customer agreed at £4,500 and they supply all sockets, light switches, etc.

around 60% profit at moment until they boarded the bloody kitchen roof halfway through first fix - all cables run through kitchen in this 30ft long kitchen in roof only 2ft high!

IM NOT HAPPY!

There is nothing that cannot be solved in this situation, with a hammer, and the right attitude.

Reply to newly qualified pricing a job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net