newly qualified pricing a job | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss newly qualified pricing a job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

martin28

Newly qualified as stated above and pricing a full rewire in a 3 bed empty property.

Rewire to include
new consumer board
11 sockets down stairs
9 sockets up stairs
Total of 26 down lights through the house.
Cooker circuit/extractor
Under cabinet lights
Bathroom extractor fan
Part p test certificate

Everything will be newly rewired,channeled in etc

How much would you charge for Labour minimum and Maximum?

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I have researched through the forum and what I generally find is people charging £50 per electrical point and £30 per light.
The job is through a friend of a friend and when I started talking those figures(3k) he took time to look at the cost of the materials and ask me how many days labour I'd need. I predict 10 days as it's my first full rewire alone. Now he seems to think even at £120 a day thatthat's £1200 for the rewire plus materials. Does that sound Right?

I have researched through the forum and what I generally find is people charging £50 per electrical point and £30 per light.
The job is through a friend of a friend and when I started talking those figures(3k) he took time to look at the cost of the materials and ask me how many days labour I'd need. I predict 10 days as it's my first full rewire alone. Now he seems to think even at £120 a day thatthat's £1200 for the rewire plus materials. Does that sound Right?

If you calculate your total annual business costs against number of days you will likely work in a year then you may feel you will need to double this

Way to cheap you need to be charging £200 per day any self respecting spark would be charging aleast this,and you really want a profit at the end of the job to make it worth your while,however beings you are starting out if you are happy with your rates then who am I to tell you any different just a pointer mate.

Newly qualified as stated above and pricing a full rewire in a 3 bed empty property.

Rewire to include
new consumer board
11 sockets down stairs
9 sockets up stairs
Total of 26 down lights through the house.
Cooker circuit/extractor
Under cabinet lights
Bathroom extractor fan
Part p test certificate

Everything will be newly rewired,channeled in etc

How much would you charge for Labour minimum and Maximum?

Are you by any chance missing something here ??

I maybe wrong, but i thought you now need to provide a linked fire alarm system on complete rewires, or is that only on new builds??

Way to cheap you need to be charging £200 per day any self respecting spark would be charging aleast this,and you really want a profit at the end of the job to make it worth your while,however beings you are starting out if you are happy with your rates then who am I to tell you any different just a pointer mate.

Bear in mind that a seasoned spark on his own (assuming 8 hour days) would take maybe 7 days to do the job. I know this is a hot topic for debate at the moment as there are a few on here that would get this rewire done in 7 hours :D

Personally, I'd never tackle a rewire on my own, the cable running alone would take one person 3 days but two people 3 hours!!

200ish a day for how long the job should take is a better way of putting it IMHO, but I agree, ultimately it is up to the OP to decide how much he is happy to earn! :)

Are you by any chance missing something here ??

I maybe wrong, but i thought you now need to provide a linked fire alarm system on complete rewires, or is that only on new builds??

smoke alarms are optional on a rewire. if client don't want.... always best to push for them, though.

don't forget that at £30 / light, to add £30 per switch. my basic ploy is £500 per room as a starter. so a 3 bed with 3 downstairs rooms comes in at £3000. then i do a points add up. as your post, but shower/cooker etc. at £80. say that comes to £3500. then estimate materials plus £200/day. that might come out at £2900. add the 3 figures and divide by 3. get the average. then add 20% for unexpected, amendments, and general faffing about, and that's the price that goes on the quote.

Reply to newly qualified pricing a job in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net