NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme Assessment | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme Assessment in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

BigSi

-
Reaction score
Finally gone and done it (after a year of thinking about it), and have a date for my NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme assessment!

Was just wondering what experiences other people had when doing their assessment? I think I’m pretty much ready, have everything that they have asked for. From what I can gather from other posts, they are pretty hot on safe isolation methods. Would I need to get a proving unit for my voltage tester?

Didnt need it on mine and yes safe isolation test inspect and what could be wrong if you get the wrong readings know that off by heart and anything else know where to find it. They are not their to catch you out just test your knowledge and a lot of time is spent with them guiding and advising you.

As with other posts tea and biccies go down well so does a postitive attitude.

Hope that helps and good luck

Chris

Had mine a couple of weeks ago with the nic, really nice chap. He got me to do a PFC, ze, live zs and what the reading meant and if they were ok. He found a couple of bad things about the existing install ie he spotted an old spot light with a cracked glass in the bathroom ! Doh ! And also Caught me out with the zones in the bathroom as I thought the zone went to the ceiling not 2.25m whoops.

What I am trying to say is he will find things but he will explain these things to you and how you could have done them differently, as long as the install is safe and to 17th edition and you know your testing you have nothing to worry about

good luck !!!

Feeling pretty positive about it at last..... just a formality really.

Testing is pretty bang on now, just hate it when someone watches over your shoulder thats all.... and know how to explain all my results etc, where to look in OSG if stuck..etc

Cheers then,

Sy

Last edited:

Reply to NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme Assessment in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net