No fusebox or consumer unit? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss No fusebox or consumer unit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

kevwright

DIY
Reaction score
Hi, new here just a bit confused about the electrical supply into our rented house and wonder if I can get some advice before speaking with my landlord?

I thought all houses had a consumer unit or at least an old fusebox?

All we seem to have is this in a cupboard under the stairs!

The daft thing is, we have lived here for 20 years, and have never had a fuse blow!

Thanks in advance.

[ElectriciansForums.net] No fusebox or consumer unit?

There is an estate of council bungalows near me and they all have these 2 circuit fuse boxes.
One 5a lighting circuit and One 15a radial for power.
All wired in black rubber cables.
I would recommend a full EICR

Reply to No fusebox or consumer unit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net