OLCI in Administration ??? | Page 5 | on ElectriciansForums
  • Thread starter Drexyn
  • Start date
  • Replies 148
  • Views 50K

Discuss OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Drexyn

I just received a letter today from a company called ERR, Engineering Real Results. They state that they are the administrators of OLCI and have accepted a transfer of my contract with them and i'm now bound to their terms and conditions.

I know nothing about this company as yet so i'm concerned about the remaining parts of my training i still have to complete as they have also made a point that i will be hearing from their finance department concerning future payments for my training. I paid OLCI in full so now this is very concerning.

Anyone spoken to these people or know what the script is?

Cheers

Trev

Hi all.

I've been having the same problem i received a letter from ERR Ltd about submitting my assignments and told me to log on after 5 days (its been 10 days and still won't log me on).

Tried to call them again but like everybody else automated service and no replies to emails.

However this morning I got some books from ATL with a simulation Cd, so curious I rang ATL and my call was answered by a very rude customer service guy who said i did not exist on the system carried on been rude, after arguing with him for 2 minutes he told me i have been transferred to ATL and any questions I have I have to wait till my information pack comes through.

What was more annoying was the fact that I was doing a full electricians course and they have now transferred me over to just domestic because 'we do not train for commercial'.

Anybody else have this problem or does anyone have a solution for this?

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm Paul and I worked for olci as the enrolment adviser in the London and southeast area. Im sure i would have met some of you? , I have had few students ring me up over the last couple of months and I have explained to them everything I know and what has happened to olci and about ERr/ATL or trade 4 trade (it dont matter there all the same people.)
i ve been reading some of these post on here and I feel really sorry for everybody that was a student with olci, if I can be any help please ask and I ll do my best, but I do no longer work for olci or do I work for the people that brought olci,

Good luck everybody

Paul,

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm Paul and I worked for olci as the enrolment adviser in the London and southeast area. Im sure i would have met some of you? , I have had few students ring me up over the last couple of months and I have explained to them everything I know and what has happened to olci and about ERr/ATL or trade 4 trade (it dont matter there all the same people.)
i ve been reading some of these post on here and I feel really sorry for everybody that was a student with olci, if I can be any help please ask and I ll do my best, but I do no longer work for olci or do I work for the people that brought olci,

Good luck everybody

Paul,

Hi,

I signed up to OLI in January looking at changing careers.
I left work as I wanted to d the course as quick as possible, I completed all the initial study material they sent and did BEC 1 and then the **** hit fan.
I pay in instalments as the guy told me that's the best way to do it. I've only.... paid £2000 so far an wondering I to cancel my direct debit.

I've been working with an electrician and looking into getting n electricians mates job.

I've no idea what to do as I spoke to ERR LTD today and the qualifications I will get are different to the ones I signed up for, I wont get my AM2.

Anybody have a good idea?

Cheers

Upvote 0
CK1988 your contract with OLCI is now nil and void as they no longer exist now.

You have no obligation anymore to make further payments as they were in breach of your contract by going into administration and you are no longer receiving the services you paid for as per your contract.

It's like buying a new shiny washing machine and receiving a second hand faulty dishwasher, it's not what you paid for and it's not going to do the job you want it to do.

Go and speak to your local citizens advice mate, they will give you all the info you need.

Upvote 0
CK1988 your contract with OLCI is now nil and void as they no longer exist now.

You have no obligation anymore to make further payments as they were in breach of your contract by going into administration and you are no longer receiving the services you paid for as per your contract.

It's like buying a new shiny washing machine and receiving a second hand faulty dishwasher, it's not what you paid for and it's not going to do the job you want it to do.

Go and speak to your local citizens advice mate, they will give you all the info you need.

Have a be you had any dealings with ERR? I'm only concerned as I've been told the most important thing is the NVQ?
If anyone could tell me what qualifications I'll need?
I never expected to do the course and be fully competent but I did expect to have the relevant qualifications?

I'm just in limbo as when I spoke to ERR it sounded all good but when you don't really know the industry inside out it all sounds good. But £6000 is a lot of money to spend for none recognised qualifications.

I was promised 2365, 2357(nvq), 17tg edition and AM2. As well as a solar pv course.
ERR will only give me 2365 as well as some other little installer qulalificatins.

Any my advice will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Upvote 0
Have a be you had any dealings with ERR? I'm only concerned as I've been told the most important thing is the NVQ?
If anyone could tell me what qualifications I'll need?
I never expected to do the course and be fully competent but I did expect to have the relevant qualifications?

I'm just in limbo as when I spoke to ERR it sounded all good but when you don't really know the industry inside out it all sounds good. But £6000 is a lot of money to spend for none recognised qualifications.

I was promised 2365, 2357(nvq), 17tg edition and AM2. As well as a solar pv course.
ERR will only give me 2365 as well as some other little installer qulalificatins.

Any my advice will be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Finish your 2365 levels 2 and 3 . Find a college that will let you do the NVQ elements of the 2357 . You might have to do a few extra units to add to your 2365 ( I cant remember which ) for the NVQ .

If as you say your working , then start gathering evidence of work you are undertaking . Photos of deifferent containments , wiring systems , risk assessments and the like for your NVQ work portfolio . There's plenty of advice for the NVQ on this website , have a search . You'll have to do the AM2 to get the NVQ . Cost will probably come out your own pocket . Plenty of information about the AM2 on here too .

Wouldn't worry about the 17th edition exam yet personally , you can just learn to use the book anyway . Then do it when your ready .

That's just general info there , nothing to do with what you may have paid or been promised with OLCI or ERR . You'll have to sort that yourself . Perhaps as the fella above says , book an appointment with the CAB .

Have a look at this website also - Electrical Qualifications - Qualifications needed to train to become an electrician in the UK

Upvote 0
Finish your 2365 levels 2 and 3 . Find a college that will let you do the NVQ elements of the 2357 . You might have to do a few extra units to add to your 2365 ( I cant remember which ) for the NVQ .

If as you say your working , then start gathering evidence of work you are undertaking . Photos of deifferent containments , wiring systems , risk assessments and the like for your NVQ work portfolio . There's plenty of advice for the NVQ on this website , have a search . You'll have to do the AM2 to get the NVQ . Cost will probably come out your own pocket . Plenty of information about the AM2 on here too .

Wouldn't worry about the 17th edition exam yet personally , you can just learn to use the book anyway . Then do it when your ready .

That's just general info there , nothing to do with what you may have paid or been promised with OLCI or ERR . You'll have to sort that yourself . Perhaps as the fella above says , book an appointment with the CAB .

Have a look at this website also - Electrical Qualifications - Qualifications needed to train to become an electrician in the UK

Thank you,

I've spoke to them again and they have said I get my 17th edition, the C&G2365 and 2357 NVQ which is the main thing. They have said they can't supply the AM2 which is about £600 but in the long run I'm repaired to pay for that. Thanks for the website found it helpful. I know I've got to put the work in but I'm willing to do what ever is needed.

Chris

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
Do you have any new information about our courses? Can you give me a phone number where I can speak about who's in charge over our courses at the moment? I was quite busy last months and I didn't pat attention what was goin on. I think I have even deleted that e-mail, thinking it was ad spam :/

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with OLCI and ERR. I had booked two City & Guilds exams through OLCI and ERR cancelled both exams. ERR help line operatives were very rude and did not want to give me any information. Just asked me to wait for a letter.

I cancelled my direct debit with them and I am planing to seek advice from citizens advice bureau.

Thanks,

Sanj

Upvote 0
Rather than every one of you ringing and asking the same questions over and over why not start a thread somewhere on here, or somewhere similar, post up your problems then invite this mob to answer them. That way it's not one person picking up a phone and being asked the same stuff day in day out and any newbies with the same questions can find them in one place.
It also gives the impression of co-ordinated action and that you're organising yourselves (for what, they'll not know but it will make them think)

Upvote 0
So there you go, PM her to ask if she's still working there. If she is invite her to a Q&A thread, I'm sure the mods won't mind. She could even be made a member of this area to keep trainee stuff away from main forum if they'd prefer that.
It makes far more sense to me to do it that way than to have you all asking the same questions individually and repeating things.

Upvote 0
Ok I have something new . I was a fair way into this course and paying as I went . I phoned and had a chat as life took a new path and olci had no problem freezing the course and payments . I'd heard nothing since until a few weeks back an email being quite threatening about paying them back . I looked further back and found a mail in June saying id missed a recent payment . They wanted me to phone them but I got the impression they didn't know what was going on so I reply emailed them that it froze over 2 years ago and this was the first id heard anything and to explain their approach after it was ammicably frozen ( maybe their mistake at time god knows ) . I had nothing back .

However the mention of possible debt collectors hit a nerve and is causing concern . After reading this forum can I assume with them going under there's just desperation and chaos and to ignore them ? I'm seeing a solicitor this week but any advice welcomed .

Cheers

Upvote 0

Reply to OLCI in Administration ??? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net