oldish domestic 3 phase install | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss oldish domestic 3 phase install in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

overskilled

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
So went to look at a non working light fitting today in a house thats being sold, 2 way switching in small bedroom, otherswitch hidden behind wardrobe and jammed between on and off...
speaking to the seller, last owner was an old lady and there had been a bed beside the second switch when he had moved in...
mentioned the age of the install to him and that it was 3 phase, he then remarked that another local spark had told him it wasn't possible to upgrade the fuseboxes due to the 3phase....baulked at the work involved more like...
mish mash of solid core and stranded core PVC T+E, apart from the bundle of cables to the right of the rather ancient looking black switchfuse...looked fabric covered and I wouldn't have excluded the possibility of them being VIR......
Left some cards...so perhaps the new owner might be interested in getting this lot upgraded....
A few photos included...old3phaseinstall001.jpgold3phaseinstall002.jpgold3phaseinstall003.jpgold3phaseinstall004.jpg

(I noticed the missing MCB on the RHS of pic 2, but owner not interested in sorting as he was moving anyway)

If you mean the Earth on the supply cable, it looks to me like the first section, off the the cable, is sleeved, then becomes the black one under the red ones with the blue tape and goes off right where ever!

In case you didn't know, you can zoom in on pictures by holding Ctrl down and turning your mouse wheel.[/QUOTE]

I know that, it just isn't working (for me anyway) on these sets of photo's for some reason....

Reply to oldish domestic 3 phase install in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net