Output from solar panels on dull days?? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Output from solar panels on dull days?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MJDW

Hi All,
Just had a 3.84 kWp system installed. 16 Suntech 240w panels and a Eltec Vakere 3.8 HET invertor. System has been running for one week and it has been dull during this period. Any ideas on what kind on power should it have developed in this time? Actual is only 10.2 kW!!!
This seems low to me.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
MorganPVI is right, you have a PV system on your roof not a power station.
Over a 12 month period it will be fine.
Hope this helps

Earthstore Energy

Check out pvoutput.org; and do a search** for other systems in your area. This will give you a good idea of the kind of output expected.
(**type in first part of your postcode and a range, for example: SU12 30km)

My system (4kw, south facing, S.England) produced 18.6kWh from Sun up to yesterday.

Hi - our 3.43 system has been running for 10 days and has only produced 12.6 - so don't worry.

Unless mine is no good also :)

Hi,
I have 16 suntech panels stp240s-20wd connected incorrectly to an SMA 4000TL and have produced from saturday to friday 17.5kWh

Hi All,
Just had a 3.84 kWp system installed. 16 Suntech 240w panels and a Eltec Vakere 3.8 HET invertor. System has been running for one week and it has been dull during this period. Any ideas on what kind on power should it have developed in this time? Actual is only 10.2 kW!!!
This seems low to me.

Thoughts?

Thanks

thats about £1.30

Mine's been in since last Friday and it's done 22kWh so far. 16 x Sanyo 235 SolarEdge installation, 10 south, 3 east and 3 west. I have another that's been in for the same period 12 * Sanyo 235 SolarEdge all south and that's done the same.

Both systems are suffering from shading from the scaffold still. It's amazing how a small pole can kill the output of a panel.

Hi all , i have had my installation finished 2 weeks ago today , and have produced in total , 58kw in operating time 122 hours . But i am little mythed why it has not peaked at all , only ever got to 2.2kw and thats today on a really sunny bright day . my system is as follows
16 sanyo hit 250
power one 3.6 invert
south facing 30 decrees angle .
can any one tell me why its not peaked when the lux level has been well over 1000w m2 . maybe just worrying like us all on here for the amount we have paid for the system ..

CHILLAXE all will become apparent in SPRING!! this is UK WINTER! u need to read older posts on here about system performance! it will never run to max kw as u have to take out cable lentgh!inverta eff!location of panels! u all should turn off the computer ! make a cup of T and read the financial times! nitty gritty UVE got in before CUT off date! BIG WIN ! if u live that long (keep worrying about your system!let it do its job) meter watching is bad for your eyes!!so is something else but its prob to late for that:)

Just commissioned a 4kW system today, and will go back tomorrow to have another go when I might get higher figures. 3pm, still looked nice and bright, meter gave 14W/m2 and the system still fired up (sanyo HiT on SMA 4000TL). Customer chuffed to bits that such poor light actually produced a whopping 0.025Kw in the 40 minutes it was running for.......

no but I am married to someone who researches very little but shops more and expects me to fix it when it does not work.
i produced almost 2kw today on half my system. the other half with the second set of panels isnt done yet.
2 inverters sma 1200's with 1.5 of panels on each

Hi again .measured with a light lux meter .a tes 1330a model to be precise. with regards to research .on one comment i have done mine around 3 months worth .

Did you hold the meter at the same orientation and pitch of your roof?

I haven't seen anything like 1000w/m2 for months - and at the moment I am commissioning almost every day.

Reply to Output from solar panels on dull days?? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net