Outside light | Page 6 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Outside light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tomac1980

Hi, please can someone advise. I have completed the domestic installers course which was great but it did not cover outside lighting. I would like to install an outside light in my garden and due to the position I would have to bury the cable underground. There are no blanks in the DB and would really like some advice
Thanks in advance

They're not courses mate, they are introductory tasters to the trade. A 'course' is three years at college minimum.

In case the outside world look at this, can I just throw my 2p into the hat?
I did my 3 years c&g at college and I still feel like I know very little. Hence why I'm busting a gut to get some work experience. Please, if you're thinking about a short course, have a word with a local college instead. It's the best way. Nuff said.

If it's going outside into the garden, which is a special location under the regs and Part P...
To fulfill the requirements the light must be 30mA RCD protected
The Part P bit has already been addressed by pencilpusher.
Just because a circuit runs outside doesn't mean that it requires RCD protection under current regs. It may be advisable under some circumstances and it will be required in others (TT, socket outlets, non-armoured concealed <50mm in a wall, etc.). The rest of your posting made reasonable sense. :smile:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Outside light
Bulbs still grow in the ground....!!!

Crack on.
I wish you wouldn't keep saying that, as it reminds me of the time my old boss and his apprentice plumber had to go and do some work on Sark, and for some reason they shared a hotel room, and the boss insisted they get up early to go and start work before breakfast, and would hop out of bed in his y-fronts declaring, "must crack on!" The poor lad still has flashbacks and wakes up screaming.

I wish you wouldn't keep saying that, as it reminds me of the time my old boss and his apprentice plumber had to go and do some work on Sark, and for some reason they shared a hotel room, and the boss insisted they get up early to go and start work before breakfast, and would hop out of bed in his y-fronts declaring, "must crack on!" The poor lad still has flashbacks and wakes up screaming.
supposed to be very remote isn`t it sark?....like no disturbances....
they must have been `getting sarky on sark`.....
or were they just `having a lark`...in bed on sark.....

Reply to Outside light in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net