Post a thread to the forum week next week. | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Post a thread to the forum week next week. in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Oooooo can't wait. :) 😀

grumbles

I’ve been banned from Xmas lights this year because the roofer said a lot of slates were cracked on the extension roof because someone had been walking on them. :oops:

We now think the roofer is a ****, and maybe the subject of my Day 3 post… we’ll see.

Hello! I have done a thread too (yes I am still knocking around the place - but I am now the Chief Executive Hot Beverages President!) ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕

Bloody hell everyone is doing this thing I started and here's me doing it late. I will do my day 3 before I go sleep as I'm up till 2:30 lol

I can only find about 4 day 2 threads so far I think! At this rate we won't have day 4 or 5 threads lol maybe I was asking a bit much. Buuuuut the threads we have posted are getting nice traffic so I think it was well worth it. But I think I'll try come up with another method for getting more new threads moving forward.

Badge is still up for grabs though for those who keep it up to day 5.

I'll post my next one at midnight though because my sleep is upside down at the mo.

Day two in the diary room...

Is this a genuine C1 on EICR

I'm supposed to be retired but having been subbing for a number of companies since being self employed (2005) I still get the local to me just jobs.

A recent call was to go to look at a CU C1 - Cover missing. Exposed live parts. I fully expected to find a missing blank or something similar.

[ElectriciansForums.net] Post a thread to the forum week next week.

Some of you will have seen this on 'that other site'.

My day 3 was going to be about nuclear power plants in the hope of hunting down (over time) those who might work with them from time to time (I'm pretty sure actual workers come under the official secrets act and can get royally screwed or worse if they joined a forum) to sign up and say hi.

But as you know I suffer massive pain and today is one of the bad ones, so I can't sit at the pc or get the laptop tray thing out so I'm now back in bed lying flat so I'm going to give today a miss at least.

Thanks for giving this a go. Was a long shot. Anybody who does manage to do this will get the badge as promised.

Why has my username gone lowercase lol? Has other people's done this before? I wondered why we have daily username changes and they're just capital letters being added.

Stop typing, Dan… you just said you were in pain, and you carried on with another post…

You’ve got a secretary for this stuff.

I think Homer Simpson works for a nuclear power station.
Unless my ears deceeeeve me, Homer works at a nucular power station;)

My dad used to work in a nuclear power station.
unfortunately he was cremated 40 years ago after dying because of completely unrelated accident.

If he had any secrets about the station he worked at, I think its a little late to ask him.:oops::oops::oops:

No need for any condolences, I think I am over it now! :):):)

the internet had not been born when he died but if he can see this, he would be peeing himself!!

On the third day of... Oh no that would have been from day one...

I happened to be visiting a little rock garden and discovered who has systematically stealing little pieces of gravel:

[ElectriciansForums.net] Post a thread to the forum week next week.
His case comes up next week but as he's a miner (copper, tin, lead?) I can't reveal his face.

I live down the A1 a bit from Torness “nucular” power station. (Thanks for the help with pronunciation) and know a few people that work there… mostly office staff, no engineers.

I was told that their health and safety training includes “how to open a window” :rolleyes:

I've worked at Dungeness, Hartlepool, Sizewell and Hunterston nukes and I still don't glow in the dark :oops:

As much as I criticise H&S there is usually a reason that most things have been included in such training.

Have you asked them what their training is or why?
I agree. H&S is there because something happened somewhere that caused injury… so they don’t want it happening again.

I agree. H&S is there because something happened somewhere that caused injury… so they don’t want it happening again.
That prettymuch describes the correct format for H&S, my criticism of 'site rules' is they tend to be too rigid added to the 'site H&S guy' being a strict enforcer of the rules without allowing for the adhoc/on the hoof RA/common sense.
One I had said when using a scaff tower we had to go through the trapdoor in the platforms, well in principle I agree with that one, except when the platform was only 500mm off the floor and I got red carded...

Except I called HSE for advice...

Reply to Post a thread to the forum week next week. in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net