Post a thread to the forum week next week. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Post a thread to the forum week next week. in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
V.Nearly Esteemed
Solutions
Reaction score
Edit: please only reply if you're getting involved. I will remove negative threads.

Doing a thing. Let's see if it works.

Going to encourage (via a notice) people to post a new thread to the forum about anything at all, every day for a working week.

During the whole of next week (mon 19th - fri 23rd inclusive) I'd love for all members to aim to try and post 5 threads over the course of the week.

I'll join in and get Lou to join in too. Hopefully staff who are on next week do but I know holidays and things mean it's not always possible.

Please spread the news on all the pages you're all on and stuff please. With their admin permission of course. (Some don't like us so don't worry about them ones).

Let me know what you think about this idead by replying to this thread.

Edit:

Some day 1 threads:-

I think I've got them all there but if I haven't please let me know and I'll add it to this list.

Thank you so so much for having a bash at this 'game'. I'll be able to monitor traffic on them and see if it helps keep people here a little longer. Which I think already it has done.

Let's see if we can all get the full five days lol we might get a bit thin towards the end but let's see. I've made notes on 2 more for me, I seem to think about something juuuuuust as I'm drifting off - then I have to go find a pen and pad or something (if I touch my phone I'm on it for at least 15 minutes ha).

Last edited:
PM Sent out to regulars to see what they think of the idea, and to see if they're willing have a go of this.

Could start thinking of something to post a thread about now. Make notes privately else your idea might get pinched lol

But as a quick guide for me can you just gimme a yes in reply as to whether you'll be up for giving this a go for me?

It'll really help the forum out financially - as threads mean traffic means income for the forum.

Wondered if we could do it every 3 months then if it works. Because there may be loads of threads we can all then reply to as well as our own. Could really boost the forum a lot if it pulls off.

Last edited:
Let’s see…. Dads recovery?….. new Lego? ….. Whether eldest actually makes it to Korea…..

Yes. I think I’ve got plenty of input to give

I know a thread theme which is likely to get a lot of hits. It is on an unrelated forum I go on and at present has 3k+ posts.

How about we only reply now if we are on board lol

Don't Want put the newbies off trying now do we?

Yeah it can be about anything but some can be electrical. The forum benefits 3-fold as members are on, and now there are more threads than normal on a day, which will rank and in turn bring more people who can join in.

It can be offputting for newbies but if this is a regular, more will ask more things I promise you (had emails saying so).

So let's roll with it. And be less negative please. I've sent mass emails to this thread so I might clean it up tomorrow and reword the OP.

Thanks kindly to those joining in.

Could even be a new tag for those who do 5 over the week and it stays for 3 months or 6 months when we do it again. Maybe. Just thinking out loud. A way for new members to earn another tag than arms.

I'm game, spending a lot of time in airports next week so will be bored anyway. Might need reminding though!

My first thread is in the bag I know what I'm doing but day 2 to 5 I'm struggling with but I'll soon get into the groove.

My first thread is in the bag I know what I'm doing but day 2 to 5 I'm struggling with but I'll soon get into the groove.
I'm still thinking of stuff haha
I mostly do network and random electronics projects so it's not always the most interesting to people lol

I'm still thinking of stuff haha
I mostly do network and random electronics projects so it's not always the most interesting to people lol
Mate anything at all is good enough I'll be replying to them all constantly too. To keep people talking about it all on here.

Mate anything at all is good enough I'll be replying to them all constantly too. To keep people talking about it all on here.
Haha I'll try and get some posts done then
I've been doing a good bit of plane tracking stuff recently with the pi 4 boards and an sdr and antenna

I can do it but I really don't have any "question threads" honestly.

Do you mind or does it matter if I post say... 5 threads about lighting? think something I did that's related to lighting, which is my area of expertise and the kind of job I do making use of my qualis, but not questions.
For example I could write a lot on something as simple as the desk lamp I made using an old computer power supply, or my experience working with different lighting technologies in residential, commercial or industrial.

I have an interior designs background and I was always interested in lighting design and decoration more than construction and chasing walls for hours, I'll leave that to the concrete guys. I do like industrial though, lighting and machinery/general wiring, I feel it's actually easier than residential for me as it doesn't has to "look good".
What I don't have is pictures, I don't take any pictures or clips of works with my phone, I don't really need them and I don't like to show off either, no mainstream social media for me.

I only just woke up was up till 4am on Plumbers. Now I've changed the name Google had indexed it as American I think we had double the traffic of this sparky forum on it.

So ill post my thread in a couple of hours. Need get coffee down my neck.

I only just woke up was up till 4am on Plumbers. Now I've changed the name Google had indexed it as American I think we had double the traffic of this sparky forum on it.

So ill post my thread in a couple of hours. Need get coffee down my neck.
Nice
I'll try and get at least one post up about the plane tracker I built recently lol

I tell you what, those who join in, get a new badge. :)

Would that sway any of you who are unsure?
New 🏅 (yeah yeah) muttley likes a medal and will do anything thing for one. James likes a medal too lol.

Last edited:
I've edited the first post so others can find them quickly (as that's linked-to from the top of the site). But here is the list (so far).

Some day 1 threads:-

1. (Day 1) figured I'd share my adsb-b and acars plane tracker setup I built over time | on Free Electrical Advice - Electricians Forums - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/day-1-figured-id-share-my-adsb-b-and-acars-plane-tracker-setup-i-built-over-time.214012/
  2. Post a thread a day DAY 1 | on Free Electrical Advice - Electricians Forums - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/post-a-thread-a-day-day-1.214015/
  3. Day 1: Who has an Electric Vehicle, either Electric Car for home, or Electric Van for Work? | on Free Electrical Advice - Electricians Forums - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/day-1-who-has-an-electric-vehicle-either-electric-car-for-home-or-electric-van-for-work.214002/
  4. My day one | on Free Electrical Advice - Electricians Forums - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/my-day-one.214014/
  5. DAY1 How old is this conduit system | on Free Electrical Advice - Electricians Forums - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/day1-how-old-is-this-conduit-system.214008/
  6. Who uses 3d printers & 3d scanners. | on Free Electrical Advice - Electricians Forums - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/who-uses-3d-printers-3d-scanners.214001/
  7. https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/day-1-i-hope-they-count-in-this-forum.214009/
  8. Littlespark Thread A Day (1) “tis the season” | on Free Electrical Advice - Electricians Forums - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/littlespark-thread-a-day-1-tis-the-season.213994/
  9. Pirate's Rant #3 1 of my 5 a week | on Free Electrical Advice - Electricians Forums - https://www.electriciansforums.net/threads/pirates-rant-3-1-of-my-5-a-week.214003/
I think I've got them all there but if I haven't please let me know and I'll add it to this list.

Thank you so so much for having a bash at this 'game'. I'll be able to monitor traffic on them and see if it helps keep people here a little longer. Which I think already it has done.

Let's see if we can all get the full five days lol we might get a bit thin towards the end but let's see. I've made notes on 2 more for me, I seem to think about something juuuuuust as I'm drifting off - then I have to go find a pen and pad or something (if I touch my phone I'm on it for at least 15 minutes ha).

Do we have to add day 1 or thread 1 to the title as I didn’t include it in my thread?
Don't have to mate I'll try pick them up either way, but it does help if you put it at the start of the thread title like "day 1: something something something".

Reply to Post a thread to the forum week next week. in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net