Quality of the new Wylex MCB's | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Quality of the new Wylex MCB's in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All, just changed a C/U for new 17th Wylex hi-integrity unit from Screwfix £65-00 plus the dreaded.... Really impressed until i put some tape over an mcb to make sure i didn't turn that circuit on, removed the tape about an hour later to find that all the writing on the front of the mcb had come off and was stuck on the tape... Any one else had this?

like all these things your rushing your arse off on a friday as to get finished, and rather than get the locking kit out of the van went for the quick option. You learn from your mistakes. Always thought that the writing was etched into the mcb this was more like an airfix transfer kit.

easy to rectify by just swapping the mcb. But does make you wonder if the fake stuff does filter through via the larger wholesalers.
If it had been bought off Fleabay (which i'd never do) then you might not have been as surprised.

like all these things your rushing your arse off on a friday as to get finished, and rather than get the locking kit out of the van went for the quick option. You learn from your mistakes. Always thought that the writing was etched into the mcb this was more like an airfix transfer kit.

Please don't take this the wrong way but why do you use such small text? Are you an optician looking for business?? LOL

Reply to Quality of the new Wylex MCB's in the Talk Electrician area at ElectriciansForums.net