Quote of the week. | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Quote of the week. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

Just looking up some prices for Hager RCBO's on the net, one of the links took me to e*ay where there was one for sale.

It said , "used but in great condition".

Mmmmm.

Regards.

One of my customers sourced a MEM RCBO from fleabay this week. So I installed it and tested it - or rather tried to and it wouldn't trip.....so the customer emailed the supplier with my carefully worded "complaint" to which they replied "we'll send you another, but have no way of testing them"

Another one has arrived so I wonder if that will work & test properly next week!

Customers, don't you love them.

I don't mind the customer buying the odd bits of gear, light a light fitting or chrome sockets w/e but when it turns to RCBO's and the like its abit too much...it's like they think we all charge too much.

New utility room, all the cabling run in, boarded and skimmed, back boxes sunk and fitted, ready to second fix. The customer then realised that the plan they had for the untis and appliances wasn't going to work.

"Um, we've looked at the plans and measured up. Could you move the sockets a bit?"

Turns out they'd forgotten about the back door. So everything had to be ripped out and moved one wall to the right.

Reply to Quote of the week. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net