rcd requirement | Page 3 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss rcd requirement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

manjit

DIY
Reaction score
Hello just wanted to ask, my friend has done an extention, and new wiring, with new lighting, ring main, my friend has all rcbos in CU, and he has run the wiring, and contected to rcbos, but he has been told that the new wiring, i.e that the extention wiring should be rcd protercted, it dosent matter if each of the circuit is protected with rcbos,
i.e the lighting circuit is protected by rcbo and so is the ring mains and the cooker, does it still need rcd protection.
Any help would be really apprecitaed.

thank you

This is all very confusing, as from posts #1 and #4 it appears there are four parties involved here, namely:
  • Manjit
  • Manjit's friend (who has built the extension)
  • The friend's "ex-electrician", who has "been out of the game for a few years"
  • The friend's "qualified electrician" who uses RCDs with RCBOs
So, Bill, are you No.3 or No.4?

Reactions: DPG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rcd requirement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net