Rcd tests | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Rcd tests in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I was changing an old Square D board, RCCB MAIN SWITCH, because it was tripping at 12mA when doing a ramp test.

Installed an rcbo board, and ramp test still trips at 12mA??

Any opinions on this?

Hi, I was changing an old Square D board, RCCB MAIN SWITCH, because it was tripping at 12mA when doing a ramp test.

Any opinions on this?

Is there already leakage on the circuits? Your Tester might be showing a trip at 12mA but if you aren't starting at 0 then it might be tripping at 24mA in reality if there was 12mA leakage already present for example.

Any opinions on this?
Did you expect, by changing the board, for it to cure the tripping fault ?

Reply to Rcd tests in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Question
Im not as clever as you guys. I would be doing what somw others have said, I would be leaving certain items switched off for a period of time...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
My Understanding is the 6 Months interval is IET Guidance and this wording is incorporated onto the label which is a requirement in 514.12.2 where...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It can also mean lasts or continues for two years.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Assumption is the mother of all major foul-ups! Start with the basics, like IR testing, RCD testing on its own, and checking the leakage as...
Replies
Views
Regarding the EV, it’s an Ohme charger which I believe has a type A RCD built in, setup would be: 50A RCBO to feed garage db Garage db has no...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks