Relevance of Table 41.3 where Additional Protection is present? | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Relevance of Table 41.3 where Additional Protection is present? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Reading of 411.3.2 and following suggests that compliance for disconnection <400ms may be obtained using either MCB or RCD. Where an RCD (RCBO in this case) is used for Additional Protection, is compliance with Zs specified in Table 41.3 still necessary?
The situation: new installation by A.N.Other in a timber shower/toilet block on a camping facility. Initially 8 no. hand dryers on a B20 wired in 2.5 T&E radial, 1.25mm flex drops from local FCU to each dryer. Repeated tripping found even with only a single dryer activated led to installer converting radial to ring, protected by C32/r30mA RCBO, and moving 2 of the dryers to a different circuit. The tripping persisted. When I was asked to look at it, I was unable to identify cause of tripping, as nothing showed up in any tests. I concluded it to be an initial burn-in problem, as no more tripping was reported after a couple of months in service.
The problem: while rectifying other poor work, I found the highest R1+R2 reading at the most remote dryer to be 0.51Ω, which with Ze of 0.42Ω puts the Zs well above the Table 41.3 limit for a C32 device.
The question: does this matter?
Thanks for your thoughts.

Reply to Relevance of Table 41.3 where Additional Protection is present? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks