Repositioning Main Fuse and Meter - Domestic Property | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Repositioning Main Fuse and Meter - Domestic Property in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jamie3032

Hi, has anybody had any experience with repositioning the electrical meter and main fuse within a domestic property and the costs involved, thanks

I was quoted £1000 to move an incoming cable supply and meter in a bungalow when i wanted to move it outside, but it will depend on how far its moved etc etc get a quote is best m8

Thought as much, the meter and Main Fuse are currently on the external wall within a box following the conversion of a garage to a bedroom, we are looking to relocate this to its original position on the wall adjacent, I am hoping that this can be done relatively easily without involving the DNO

Thought as much, the meter and Main Fuse are currently on the external wall within a box following the conversion of a garage to a bedroom, we are looking to relocate this to its original position on the wall adjacent, I am hoping that this can be done relatively easily without involving the DNO

Only the DNO can touch there equipment.

The DNO will have experience in this. Give them a ring before your ideas of moving live service cables around actually take root.[/QUOT

I have no intention of moving live cables, the board including the meter and main fuse will be moved less than 2 inches in all probability. Again the question I asked was whether anybody had any experience in this. Noted that there are some people willing to share knowledge and experience on here and then there are others with less than helpful comments

That sounds a little more than 2 inches.

The DNO will have experience in this. Give them a ring before your ideas of moving live service cables around actually take root.[/QUOT

I have no intention of moving live cables, the board including the meter and main fuse will be moved less than 2 inches in all probability. Again the question I asked was whether anybody had any experience in this. Noted that there are some people willing to share knowledge and experience on here and then there are others with less than helpful comments

Are you having a bad day?? Why criticise responders when they have pretty much answered your OP??

Are you having a bad day?? Why criticise responders when they have pretty much answered your OP??

Ha, ffs, I asked a question and am happy with the reply, thank you very much, much appreciated, although I think next time I will simply telephone the ECA, much simpler and not as full of smart arses as this forum, as stated some of you guys on here are very helpful and that is appreciated whilst others come across as know it alls, are 'WTF?' and 'are you on drugs' constructive or helpful responses?

I have moved an entire meter box before with cut-out and meter in, just moved it down and right and across a bit. if you feel like taking the risk, that's your call I certainly didn't't come on here looking for 'backup' because I knew what the answer would be ;-)

Ha, ffs, I asked a question and am happy with the reply, thank you very much, much appreciated, although I think next time I will simply telephone the ECA, much simpler and not as full of smart arses as this forum, as stated some of you guys on here are very helpful and that is appreciated whilst others come across as know it alls, are 'WTF?' and 'are you on drugs' constructive or helpful responses?

My RCD keeps tripping at 7ma, because its very sensitive. WTF, that's so cryptic of me.

I have moved an entire meter box before with cut-out and meter in, just moved it down and right and across a bit. if you feel like taking the risk, that's your call I certainly didn't't come on here looking for 'backup' because I knew what the answer would be ;-)

Do that and my guess is that the ECA won't accept such a "wooly" description as outlined in your original post.

You would have got better responses if your OP was a bit more detailed.

Reply to Repositioning Main Fuse and Meter - Domestic Property in the Domestic Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net