Requires in a day | Page 4 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Requires in a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

highspark

I ain't avin it!

Was speaking to someone in wholesales who reckons him another spark and mate have been rewiring and second fixing in an 8 hour day!

Thats either bravado or it's going to be poor poor quality and against the regs

*bloody iPhone put requires instead if rewires

Last edited by a moderator:
Must admit ive never seen a council go for surface boxes, must look really ****
i have. trunking through ceiling coving with gaps round it i could drive my van through. brittle patresses that shatter every time a hoover collides with them. ruff.

Yep, coving trunking used alot in bedsits were they cant run the cable through the floor or ceiling. They run the cable in this and then chase down the wall to each point. YT2 was used for the run to the lighting points. These rewires were done in 1/2 a day. 7
But as tel says the gaps in the capping was shocking!!!! Every one I inspected, I pulled it for this.
Not a pretty looking job, but does the job.

Jay

I have no doubts it can be done, and probably has thousands of times over the years. I don't believe for a minute that it can be done well, or completely tested and signed off though.

It's horses for courses really, I wouldn't want to work like that but that's not to say others can't.

Reply to Requires in a day in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back