Review if Electrical Installation Condition Report coding used? | Page 2 | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Review if Electrical Installation Condition Report coding used? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

1shortcircuit

I've been asked to go and price a job based on an EICR that the client has had done. Some strange coding in my opinion but just wondering what you guys think?:thumbsup

Attachments

• [ElectriciansForums.net] Review if Electrical Installation Condition Report coding used?
    ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 07 16.08.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 234
  • [ElectriciansForums.net] Review if Electrical Installation Condition Report coding used?
    ScreenHunter_02 Mar. 07 16.08.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 143
    ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 07 16.09.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 141
    ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 07 16.09.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 137
    ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 07 16.10.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 137
    ScreenHunter_06 Mar. 07 16.10.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 115
    ScreenHunter_07 Mar. 07 16.11.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 112
    ScreenHunter_08 Mar. 07 16.11.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 106
All I can say is that the socket ring ring circuits must be VERY short based on those readings!!

Also looks like the IR test was performed using only a 250v test???

If a 100% inspection & test is required and the 250v test indicates that there are no faults then why no quickly test at 500v?

If/When I get the chance to pop over I'll take my camera and post up some pictures :thumbsup

I did take some pictures but not yet uploaded them, I'll see if I can do this tomorrow now.

Since visiting the property I have added some of my own codes as a learning exercise.

I do not do EICR's as I believe this is currently beyond my limitations as I do not have knowledge of previous edition wiring regs and unable to date installations. If anyone can add to the codes without seeing the photos it would be appreciated to see how my virtual coding does :D

I just thought I would also mention that the Landlady has already been out and purchased a 17th edition dual RCD Wylex so seems to be taking the report serious enough to realise improvements are required but she also stated that she thought the EICR carried out was way over the top and that she is not particularly happy.

Happy reading and thanks in advance for any assistance or advice offered :thumbsup

1SC

Consumer Unit is not accessible without needing a hammer and screwdriver to open wooden boxing in C2
C3

Both consumer units no danger or warning labels C3

C3

DB1 consumer unit cover missing, exposed busbar C1
I disagree. C1 = Immediate Danger I would use a C2 as the cu is contained within the boxing and only become dangerous if opening the door and sticking hand inside. Definitely unacceptable but not a C1 in my opinion.

No main Earth to Gas intake C1
No main Earth to water C1
C2 in my opinion

Washing machine is connected to a 4 way extension, extension lead then is run behind a gas cooker C2

C3

Gas cooker is on long flex C2

C3 - flex is under 2 metres in length. I would be more concerned that the flex travels up the side of the cooker and over the work top to the first available socket

Kitchen downlight clip is missing and lamp hanging from fitting C2
C3 - Lamp retaining clip not present, out of reach and no sufficient weight to warrant a code 2 (IMO)

No fan isolation in kitchen - C3

Kitchen is well lit during the daytime so can be isolated at the board for maintenance purposes - No code

No apparent Supplementary Bonding C2
Agree

No apparent Supplementary Bonding to shower room C2

Agree

Bedroom socket is broken C1
Bedroom socket back box cracked and holed C2 - you would have to stick your finger in the hole to get lucky

Bedroom socket loose?

I struggled to find this but believe it to be the same socket that is cracked and holed and would have listed it in the same observation.

Bedroom socket behind door and flex running under carpet to a 4 way extension lead C3

Now the leads are above the carpet running straight across the door lol Unplug it and no code ? :D

Joint box in bathroom exposed cable entries C1
Adaptable box not fitted with appropriate glands C2 or could it even be a code 3???

No fan isolation to shower fan C3
No windows so fan isolation required C3

Bathroom fan appears to be 230v unable to locate transformer C1
Banana split! 230v fan OUTSIDE OF ZONES! NO CODE. 2.4 metres from shower tray to fan OR 2.7 metres from floor to fan!

Shower switch is a 1 way consumer unit outside shower room (recommend 45A switch fitted) C1

My concern with this one is that the current mcb is fouling the bathroom door which could lead to damage to which could result in live parts becoming exposed but I still think it could only warrant a code 3???

Hallway socket is unswitched recommend this to be changed to switched C3

Would this really warrant a code?

Boiler has been replaced so cannot comment - Location changed also

Lights are doubled up in the consumer unit they have separate fuses - C2
unable to comment

Recommend mains smoke detectors to be fitted C3

No code - Battery smokes fitted?

No apparent fire blanket

No apparent fire extinguishers

As this property is being provided for students recommend emergency lighting is installed
Should this type of thing be recorded in an EICR? perhaps a separate advisory sheet?

Recommended upgrading main tails C3

C3
Recommended upgrading main earth from 6mm to 16mm C2
C2

No apparent switch live ident C3
C3

Downstairs sockets neutral to Neutral open circuit C1

C2 if a C1 is awarded then it needs correcting there and then or the client is to be informed in writing. If it was a C1 then why was the circuit left in use? Bizarre.

This may of just been my old company policy but should'nt C1's be rectified there and then by you as it is an immediate danger? ie bare live cables, missing DB cover (obviously not this one because a tool is required to access it)

should'nt C1's be rectified there and then by you as it is an immediate danger?

That is correct indeed, even I know that and I don't do them :)

The exposed busbar was within a boxing in section but did not require a tool although there is no reason to go in there other than if a fuse needed to be replaced but giving what I have just mentioned does it warrant a 1 as it is not directly on show?

Thanks

1SC:)

@ 1shortcircuit. i have just read you post#18 and , without seeing the job, i think the codes et.c you have suggested for the various faults are pretty much in agreement with what i would have said. a lot of them are quick fixes, so get on with it and earn a wage out of it. make sure you get plenty of these :coffee::coffee:

Reply to Review if Electrical Installation Condition Report coding used? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net