Router close to consumer unit | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss Router close to consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just setting out final positions for new house we have coming up.

Client would like router in same cupboard as DB, not my first choice really.

If DB is at 1450 from floor level then say we put router/ rack at high level 2300 with a shelf dividing do you reckon this would be ok ?
Other option is put under the main TV with Sky box etc.
We are putting WAPs throughout to cover most of the property, wifi would only be used for very close proximity.

Thanks Sy

Only ever had a problem on a commercial site were the earthing (lightning protection) was up the creek and creating some ground loop issues when we were deploying some data radio equipment
As the previous posts I don't see a problem locating the router close to the DB it's more critical to keep any data cabling as far apart from the mains cabling as you can to avoid interference issues

I had to chuck a wireless access point in a cupboard right up against the DB cover (at the owner's request, not my choice at all). I wanted to put it on the wall next to the cupboard, but they wanted it hidden. There was a cat5e socket in the cupboard right next to the DB that we fitted.

It worked fine with no impact on bandwidth when I tested it.

Reply to Router close to consumer unit in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net