shop wiring in france | on ElectriciansForums

Discuss shop wiring in france in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

antengland

Hi Guys, i am an english electrical contractor, and have been asked to quote for some works in a shop in Paris.
Any body had any experience on non domestic wiring?
who do i get to certify the works?
will it need certifying if i don't install new circuits?

any help / info would be appreciated.

Ant.

Hi Guys, i am an english electrical contractor, and have been asked to quote for some works in a shop in Paris.
Any body had any experience on non domestic wiring?
who do i get to certify the works?
will it need certifying if i don't install new circuits?

any help / info would be appreciated.

Ant.

So basically you haven't a clue what to do. Sounds like you are French already :wink_smile:

Uoi savva,je mapel robsparky1975,ja beeta south of england,lol, i have never been to france,is it same supply voltage as uk? why cant you just give them a test cert,cant see renee and the fallen maddona with the big boobies chasing you back to blighty for a cert written in french.

There is a member on this forum who is living and working in france and will happily provide you with chapter and verse on what is involved and the differences in regs - I've spoken with him in the past but can't remember his username and my inbox seems to have been culled without my knowing to the last few weeks, so I can't now lookup the old pm's we had. Suggest searching through the members / work thread to find him.

If you would like to PM with some basic details of what you have been asked to do, then I will try to help you.

However you should be aware that to legally work here in France, you need to be registered here, so you have a SIRET No and have both Responcibility Civile (3rd party liab) and Decannal Ins (10 year guarantee ins). The second one as far as I am aware is not available in the UK.

Look forward to hearing from you

Victor

And there was me, believing Al Murray when he said the French didn't have any rules.

10 years insurance! Napit guarantee (and insure) Napit sparks' work for 6 years but I suppose if, after remedial work,we put a 10 year gap down until the next PIR/EICR then some would argue we should be offering this too.

Of course! Thanks Victor - I feel embarrassed now to have forgotten your name, sorry!! :dunce:

not saying there all the same but there was an iranian spark on a petro chem site few years back making swa off like stuffing glands ha ha we got a load of weekends putting his work right never come across a brit spark who dosnt no how to gland cables

Also I do live in France as well as Victor did cover that part very well and there is couple local Nomes ( Reguations ) it will show up as well.

Of course if you have more question you need to know just feel free to concat either moi or Victor one of us will reply to your question.

Of course we do also have 240 volts as well but no ring circuit at all so keep in your mind.

( Note : Not only I do live in France but also I have a house in USA side as well and I am licensed in both location )

Merci,
Marc

Also I do live in France as well as Victor did cover that part very well and there is couple local Nomes ( Reguations ) it will show up as well.

Of course if you have more question you need to know just feel free to concat either moi or Victor one of us will reply to your question.

Of course we do also have 240 volts as well but no ring circuit at all so keep in your mind.

( Note : Not only I do live in France but also I have a house in USA side as well and I am licensed in both location )

Merci,
Marc

Marc,
Last week, I actually went out to Paris, initially to look at the work involved, then at the last minute was told I need to be starting the work. It is within a department store, and the main contractor is installing the feed to our small unit (16A only!!). We have been told to contact a consultant who will arrange an initial inspection report for us before the power can be turned on.
pew have also been asked to barry out some work in another department store, where we believe we will not be allowed to work, so I am looking for a French registered contractor to carry out the work, with myself over seeing. Would you be interested?
The work involves swapping some recessed lights in a ceiling, adding a few and installing a socket .
The work is in Paris and will need to be done at night.

Victor, nice to see someone writing something that makes sense!!
Last week, I actually went out to Paris, initially to look at the work involved, then at the last minute was told I need to be starting the work. It is within a department store, and the main contractor is installing the feed to our small unit (16A only!!). We have been told to contact a consultant who will arrange an initial inspection report for us before the power can be turned on.
we have also been asked to carry out some work in another department store, where we believe we will not be allowed to work, so I am looking for a French registered contractor to carry out the work, with myself over seeing. Would you be interested?
The work involves swapping some recessed lights in a ceiling, adding a few and installing a socket .
The work is in Paris and will need to be done at night.

Reply to shop wiring in france in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net