**Show Us Your Installs!!!** | Page 66 | on ElectriciansForums
Guest viewing is limited

Discuss **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spudnik

Right chaps,

Due to a few unavoidable issues, we have lost the original thread and pics etc.

Sorry about that!!!

So, if you want to re-upload your pics then great, if not, give us something new!

Cheers!!

If the SY is not 100% shielded from the sun then you should look towards another cable with UV protection attributes ..the outer sheath is so designed on purpose mainly for machine use and similar control needs as it is see through and any degradation of the shielding/braid can be easily inspected.

Because the sheath is clear it lacks a lot of attributes found in most cable sheaths and even the ones it gives like moderate acid and oil resistance only apply at room temp' and can't be guaranteed when subject it to temp extremes... How its use has been catapulted into this fits all solution when it is clearly unsuitable for most purposes the average Joe spark utilises it for...

Pop onto RS Components web site and you'll find many better suited to your needs that don't have the limitations SY does although RS's downfall is it doesn't cut to length so Scatts maybe a better option .. the problem is most general wholesalers don't stock any other shielded cables so i assume this is a reason for its explosion into the scene of misuse as SY was promoted as a suits all cable with added mechanical protection ...a lot of uses took this as a open door for blindly misusing it.

The problem with screened cable is the expense of suitable glands but as SY has flooded the market it has seen a budget gland enter the market that is affordable.... if you venture for more suitable alternative expect the reality check of expensive glands to enter the arena again.

Spent £50 on a panel receptical and Free-plug with extended screen clamp other day - extortionate just to connect a cable to a panel :O/

Surely if it's underground in ducting then sunlight isn't a problem. Daz

The beacon comes pre-wired but it goes through a bushed entry,thanks.

Shame there is no bushed entry into the beacon. Listen, we have several of these pre wired beacons in our plant rooms etc, ...all have been provided with rigid or flexible conduit containment. NONE have been left with the wiring left swinging around in free air, without protection....

As for the unistrut being used as containment, do me a favour!! Any industrial Engineer worth his sort, would be screaming at you for that installation to be provided with a bona fide containment system....

Last edited by a moderator:
[ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!**[ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!**heres some updated pics of my switchroom upgrade just for eng to get wellgel over.

heres a few of the installs i done since i finnished my training
theres some decorative work from a regular customer of the company i do work for aswell as another (solar firm) mostly solar there but thats all i did for 18 months and was a very busy 18 month most the time it was 7days a week all day and over time
[ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!** [ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!** [ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!**

each install below took 2-2.5 days with the odd 3 days to all put together

[ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!**

[ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!** [ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!** [ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!**

[ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!** [ElectriciansForums.net] **Show Us Your Installs!!!**

Last edited:

Reply to **Show Us Your Installs!!!** in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net